Author Topic: What ball ammo is the cleanest  (Read 1660 times)

Offline www

What ball ammo is the cleanest
« on: May 19, 2006, 11:33:46 PM »
I have not shot many types of ball ammo. Usually Winchester or Remington, and on occasion S&B.
            Have you found any brands to be cleaner than others. Or are there any brands you would avoid.
            I field strip and clean often, but do not detail strip. Don't know how.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 06:25:42 AM »
The Brazilian made Magtech seems to be the cleanest and with very low flash.  Very Accurate, too!  If I wasn't reloading, I'ld be shooting more of it!  Some of our Pistol Club Members buy it by the 1000 round case.

There is also the Winchester "WinClean" brand that is also very clean, but in .45 ACP, it is loaded using small pistol primers, and most reloaders, such as I, will stay away from it, for that reason.  If you don't reload, it's OK for you.  

CCI Blazer Brass loadings also seem to be cleaner, but have more muzzle flash.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline GaryXD

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:04:23 AM »
Magtech, Independence, Blazer, and American Eagle are clean. WWB is about as dirty as Russian ammo.

n-7677

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 11:49:33 AM »
The last time I went to the range,  I shoot approx. 100rds of White Box in one gun and approx 500 of CCI Blazer Brass in another and the White box gun's breech face was covered with powered where as the CCI gun looked clean. The White box is some dirty ammo.

Offline p01user

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:15:09 AM »
There was an article in Polish gun magazine about 9mm ammo. Authors run also some "clean tests". Although the choice of ammo in Poland is different then in US, the winner was CCI Blazer Brass. 2nd place S&B 124 gr, then Federal, 15 other cartridges and the very end - Norinco.

Regards from Poland,
            p01user