Author Topic: CCI Blazer  (Read 2386 times)

Offline stdlrf11

• FIN Gear, Quality Gun Cleaning Gear
CCI Blazer
« on: February 04, 2006, 01:32:10 PM »
What do you think about CCI 115gr bullets? For about $4 a box at Academy, I can't find a thing wrong with them. Yet I keep hearing how bad they are.

When I bought my P-01, I bought about 700 rounds of misc. 9mm loads including S&B, Winchester, UMC, Wolf, PMC, and CCI Blazer, just to name a few. The first day I put 350 rounds through it without a single hitch. It digested all three weights of bullets flawlessly. After taking a few days off to let my poor trigger finger recover, I went out and shot the rest of the ammo, which was mainly CCI blazers. I experienced the same performance from CCI as I did with the other rounds.

I have shot thousands of rounds of CCI through my MP5 and my Duty Sig 226 .40 S&W. without any ammo related malfunctions. But I still get greif from my buddies at the range because I use such "cheap" ammo.

There has to be someone else out there who believes in this stuff too.
Any poor souls who trespass against us
Whether it be beast or man
Will suffer the bite or be stung dead on sight
By those who inhabit this land

For there's is the power and this is the kingdom
As sure as the sun does burn
So enter this path, but heed these four words,
You shall never return

Walt-Sherrill

CCI Blazer
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 02:13:08 PM »
I've used them a lot, without problems, in most of my 9mm guns.  If I could buy them for that price, that would probably be the only 9mm range ammo I'd use.

(Some folks have problems with the aluminum cases, but better extractor springs seem to help.)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
CCI Blazer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 10:37:46 PM »
I like CCI Blazer and Blazer Brass Ammo for plinking and have no problems at all with it.  I've gotten good accuracy from it.  My original 1936 vintage Luger pistol and my Marlin 9mm Camp Carbine like it alot.  Glocks also seem partial to it and I believe that has more to do with the more generous Chamber/Barrel throat that they have.

I've also used it in an H&K MP5, and I believe that the fast Alliant powder CCI typically uses works very well in SMG's.  However, I believe that it is best to use the Blazer Brass in the H&K MP5, as it will be easier on the MP5's fluted chamber, longterm.

For Pistol Competition however, I would prefer Magtech 9mm.  Less muzzle blast/flash.

I reload, so I rarely buy 9mm or .45 ammo.  But I do occasionally use factory, and these are my preferences.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline GaryXD

CCI Blazer
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 03:23:29 PM »
Academy Sports raised the price of Blazer from $3.86 per box to $4.86 per box about two weeks ago. I used a lot of it at the old price, but if I can get brass cased ammo for about the same price I will use it. I switched to Independence.

Offline SLM crew chief

CCI Blazer
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 11:15:17 PM »
Blazer aluminum is usually what you find in my range bag.  I ordered 10,000 rounds last year when I could get it delivered for less than 5.00 bucks a box (no Acadamy around here).  I've probably gone through half of it in my Sig's and Witness.  For the price you usually can't beat it.

BRASMAN

CCI Blazer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 05:43:17 AM »
I like and have never had problems with the regular blazer ammo.

Offline pakmcc

CCI Blazer
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 09:34:28 PM »
"O" by the way, the CCI blazer at academy is now 4.86 a box. I have had no problems shooting Blazer or monark. The steel case monark is 4.86 a box also.
               Winchester white box (all of this is 115gr. FMJ) is now 5.86, But the WWB with 115 JHP is still only 9.76.
               HOw do I know all this stuff? I've been working part time at the academy in south houston for the last 18 months in the hunting and fishing dept. (I don't know much about fishing, I did that 30 years ago.) But I'm down to my last twenty or thirty CZ's, plus a few misc. others pistols that I play with when I have time.

3 CZ52's
            3 cz82's
            1CZ83
            1CZ75
            4 or 5 75B's or so with a BD in 9mm
            7 CZ40P's
            1 CZ40M?
            3 CZ75B's in 40cal.
            1 CZ 85
            2 CZ85 combat's
            2 CZ 97's
            and other misc. smiths, bersa's FEG's maks,etc.

cosp95

CCI Blazer
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 01:45:16 PM »
Aluminum cased Blazer works great in my guns and is cleaner then WWB. I get togther with my shootin' buds and order from www.natchezss.com and it comes out to a little over $5/box - a great deal.

themik23

CCI Blazer
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 10:10:04 PM »
DANGEROUS

Lot J21L3 of CCI Blazer 9mm

Blown primers in CZ 75B  and Glock 17, returned to CCI and it took over a month for them to replace the dangerous ammo. One out of evey 5 or ten would blow the primer completely out of the primer pocket, locking the handgum up.

Winchester white box would be a better and safer buy