Author Topic: laser sights  (Read 9826 times)

mblat

laser sights
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:03:39 PM »
Anybody using laser sights on RAMI?  What kind?

Thanx

mbott

laser sights
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 12:49:27 PM »
I'm not aware of anyone who makes any type of laser unit for the RAMI.

--
            Mike

Offline Otto N Sure

laser sights
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 09:56:52 PM »
I'm not aware of any either.  As the RAMI is so small, and has no tactical rail, I have no idea how you'd mount it anyway--unless one of those pencil-like ones that attach to the trigger guard.

If you're interested in a small, alloy framed .40 S&W pistol with a tactical rail then I suggest you look at the CZ 40P.  It might just be the ticket!!

Otto

Offline steve128

Re: laser sights
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »
ok, my fellow rami owners I spoke with crimsontrace today and they said they would look into the possibilty of making a grip sight for the rami. Someone else called yesterday requesting the same so all that are interested give them a call so we can maybe get this done.
Steve ;D

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
Wow! This thread is ancient!! What would really be cool is if CT or one of the other laser makers could make a unit like those now available for the Ruger LCP and KelTec 3AT

Otto

Offline steve128

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »
I agree, the grip ones would be nice to, just hope they come through. Also my rami should be coming home from metalife next week, had cz custom ship a comp hammer and spring as well so it should be all tuned up when it gets home.
Steve ;D

Offline mitchg233

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »
I have crimson trace grips on my compact. There is a quarter inch less clearance between the top of the trigger finger and the slide on a RAMI, but I think CT could do it.

Offline Vintage_Flieger

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 05:41:58 PM »
Hi! ~ I'm new here, but I signed up to learn more about CZ's great pistols, particularly the RAMI BD .40-S&W. (er, I'm a 'wheel-gun-guy', but CZ's semi-auto's intrigue me - a LOT!)

FYI, I'm also VERY interested in learning about any/all accessories for the RAMI, including holsters, mag. carriers, and, of course, LASER sights!

Regardless, until Crimson-Trace intro's a CZ 2075 LaserGrip (hopefully in GREEN!), perhaps the following might be a practical alternative; i.e., ...

... a LaserLyte CK-AMF9ZK intended for side-mounting on the Ruger LC9's frame ...

FWIW, I 'shop'd the image below to show how a LaserLyte CK-AMF9ZK might align w/existing 'holes' in the RAMI's frame!

... Please note that I initially 'scaled' the dimensions of the CK-AMF9 to match the CZ RAMI ...

... and, then, I lined-up the Laser's left mounting hole w/the RAMI's left-most frame pin ...

Of course, this would require that the TWO RAMI frame 'pins' be (somehow) replaced w/'threaded' bolts (like the  Ruger installation) ~ AND that the plastic right (front) mounting hole on the CK-AMF9ZK be moved up slightly (with its original hole 'back-filled' w/epoxy or whatever.) ...

... and a hole drilled to access the RAMI's take-down lever! ...

Do any of you CZ aficionado's know IF this install MIGHT be feasible? ...

... 'cause the only other alternative I can 'conjure up' is to just epoxy the LaserLyte directly onto the RAMI's FRAME - d'oh! ...

*** - UPDATE Uno - ***

AFTER carefully studying the following pix from the RAMI Manual ...

... I've come to the conclusion that, short of using "GLUE", ...

... there is NO way to 'screw-in' a LaserLyte on a RAMI! ~ 

... Whatta' BUMMER! ... ...

*** - UPDATE Deux - ***

WAIT! ~ Perhaps I shouldn't so readily disparage glue; i.e., there are LOTS of new adhesives that, according to the dozens of reviews I've read, will definitely bond a hard plastic item like the LaserLyte to the polymer paint on the CZ RAMI!

Apparently,  one of the better hard plastic adhesives is "Super Glue Plastic Fusion Epoxy Adhesive #15277

So, I called Super Glue's consumer hot-line ... ...

... and they confirmed that "Plastic Fusion" should more than adequately affix a hard plastic item (like the LaserLyte 'side-mount') to a polymer coating (like the finish on the RAMI's frame!) ...

... and that it also should resist (food-based) solvents (like FrogLube) as well as endure constant 'shock impacts!'

FWIW, IF I owned a RAMI, I'd buy the LaserLyte and a pkg. of "Plastic Fusion" ...

Then, once I'd carefully positioned the laser on the RAMI's frame for a 'bore-centered' 25-ft. point-of-impact, I'd mark alignment 'registration' lines on the frame & laser, and mix up the 'Plastic Fusion!' ...

... Lastly, I'd apply the epoxy, align the pieces, & securely bond 'em together (with a rubber band for several hours!) ...

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:35:29 AM by Vintage_Flieger »

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
What a great idea!! The one drawback I kinda see is if you need to adjust the sight for a different load or if you had to change the batteries in the laser (unless the batteries are replaced without having to remove the unit). Still....a little outside the box thinking and I LIKE IT!

Otto

Offline Vintage_Flieger

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 04:32:14 AM »
Thanks! ...

FYI, no problem w/permanent mounting since ...

... the batteries on the LaserLyte "Side-Mount" are accessed via the 'black oval' panel located to the left on the "side-mount" (just above the top grip screw on my install depiction!) ...

... and 'windage' + 'elevation' are calibrated via two tiny hex-screw adjustments near the laser's LED!

The ONLY 'unknown' I have about this 'install' are the two holes that I'd have to drill just to the right of the laser aperture on the 'side-mount'; i.e., ...

... one to accommodate the take-down lever and a second for the 'slide-stop pin' just to the right of it!

BTW, I don't know how the unit's ON/OFF switch (ext. right) wires route through that area, ...

... so drilling may require a re-wiring, re-soldering and re-testing before the glue's applied!

Finally, speaking of 'glue', I called 3M back and asked about their 'double-sided' adhesive 'tapes'; i.e., ...

... apparently, in lieu of the 'super-glue', you COULD 'cover' the back of the LaserLyte unit w/their super-strong double-sided, 40-mil, VHB (Very High Bond) 4910 Adhesive Tape, trim off the excess, line it up with the 'pre-positioned' calibration ref. lines, and just PRESS it onto the frame (that's been prepped w/appropriate, oil-removing,  cleaner!)

NB:  40-mil = .04-in. ? 1/32-in.!

According to 3M's rep., their VHB 4910 'Visco-Elastic' Tape is 8X stronger than screws ...

... and might actually be MORE resistant than rigid glue when it comes to 'shear (sideways) forces' (sideways 'tearing') as well as high-G, short-duraction, impacts (like cartridge 'ignition!')

... PLUS! - you might be able to oh-so-slowly remove the sight with a broad, extremely-flat and thin, knife should the need arise; i.e., complete weapon's overhaul, etc.!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:15:09 AM by Vintage_Flieger »

Offline Jsunn

• Jason's Photos
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »
I just emailed Crimson Trace.

Let's get a few more people contacting them.

-J
http://jsunn.zenfolio.com

CZ SP-01 Tactical - CZ 75B Stainless Steel - CZ P-01 9mm - Beretta 92A1 - XDs 9mm

Offline Jsunn

• Jason's Photos
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 03:35:26 PM »
And Here is the link:

http://www.crimsontrace.com/company/contact/

Go to the "Request New Model" tab and put the RAMI. 

;D
http://jsunn.zenfolio.com

CZ SP-01 Tactical - CZ 75B Stainless Steel - CZ P-01 9mm - Beretta 92A1 - XDs 9mm

Offline mstrfrz

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
How about one of their RSL's?  Made for Glocks, but how different are the dovetail cutouts?

anything