Author Topic: ZOM 451 .22 rifle?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Boogalou

ZOM 451 .22 rifle?
« on: March 01, 2002, 01:41:58 PM »
Has anyone purchased one of these from SOG or have any experience with them.  They were on sale last month for $174.95.  They look like a nice rifle but haven't heard anything about them.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Fred Flinstone

ZOM 451 .22 rifle?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 06:26:02 PM »
Brno did a big mistake putting these on the market at normaly $300U.S.(walnut stock,another version is tinted walnut beachwood:lesser cost).Quality of wood was low on my specimen.

Trigger guard is made to shoot with no problems having mits on your hands,sights are rough specialy the front one(looks like it's been casted in place),action is rough and gritty, to the point that I had this rifle innards polished with great improvement but still a crappy rifle. Locking-lug consist of a stamped steel sheet: as to cut cost down.Receiver was grooved for scope mounting.

Sold the bugger(at a loss) and would NOT recommend this rifle to no one. Better off buying an old T-bolt which was made by Browning:much smoother and at almost same price.Better of with a CZ-452(night and day compared to Brno ZOM-451).

I had posted on this subject a while ago, knocking Brno engineers,I should'nt have. This design needed a lot of R&D to iron out the bugs. The project directors are to blame for a too early release.

Sorry to disapoint you,
Fred

Offline Boogalou

ZOM 451 .22 rifle?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2002, 06:33:20 PM »
I'm not disapointed Fred, just better informed.  Makes the 452 look that much better.

Thanks for the info and safe shooting,

Boog

anything