Author Topic: Best Prices on CZ 452  (Read 3796 times)

Plateau-Hunter

Best Prices on CZ 452
« on: February 28, 2002, 11:34:54 PM »
I read the posts below on this subject but came away confused. I don't see any CZs for sell at the 'CZ shop'. I didn't see the birch stock special for $160 or the Scout for $139 anywhere.

I think the CZs are great like the rest of you. I have an Egyptian made 'Mansoura' the is a CZ clone-the buttplate even has the CZ logo. I have a Chinese made clone that is decent considering its source and use it for a camp/pot rifle on big game hunts. And I bought my son a CZ Scout-wonderful youth rifle. I am looking to buy another Scout for my other son and a 'special' for me!!

Another newbie question-how does one tell the difference between the various models...1,2,3, ect?

Thanks. Plateau Hunter

DOC-Ken-5

Best Prices on CZ 452
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 01:09:36 AM »
I have bought from Impact Guns with good results.

The following from a post I made at a different Forum. it should help you as the following are the what seem to be the most recommended CZ places of purchase.      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard fairly good things about the CZ connection. I have spoken to the owner on a couple of occasions & he seems nice enough. I also hear that he will beat anyones prices. In the following I have given several more that come on recommendation.

I have not personally bought from the following place yet, but have heard many good comments about their prices, selection, & service.

I just know for sure that they carry CZ'z...which in my book says something good for them. ;-)

www.whittakerguns.com/
     -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impact Guns...... Ogden, Utah

Site: www.impactguns.com

CZ portion: www.impactguns.com/store/czhandgun.html

They do not list them all on their site, so call them at 801-393-2474 or ask at email address is:
 shipping@impactguns.com
     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also saw this one on another site:

J.B.'s Gun and Archery, 606-783-7257, has CZ 452 specials at $160 plus freight.

***** I have also heard that most of the above DO NOT list everything on their websites, so it might be wisest to call & ask about specific weapons....not just peruse the websites only.

I have only bought from Impact Guns (local for me) & can not vouch one way or the others... other than to say all 4 come pretty highly recommended.

Good luck!

Ken

DOC-Ken-5

Best Prices on CZ 452
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2002, 01:18:23 AM »
Here is a basic analysis/review on them in my recent decision on this very subject.

I have ordered & am waiting on a CZ Scout/Youth model for my 10 yoa daughter. I got it for $139 from Impact guns. It is a little bigger than the Chipmonks, but I think it'll last longer & I personally liked it better....the key is the center of weight not necessaarily the length. make sense?

Here is a very thorough review, you really need to read this before buying a CZ Scout:

www.graybeardoutdoors.com...w-15.shtml

One more review on CZ Scouts:

www.rimfirecentral.com/fd...read=13861

I personally went through a serious anaylisis on deciding on a rifle for my 10 yoa girl who is a skinny little thing. I looked at EVERYTHING not just CZ. I ended up buying her the CZ -452 Scout Youth model (we are currently awaiting it's arrival.) It starts out as a single shot with the block in place of the clip.This way you can control the ammo feeding with them at first. It does use the same magazines as the full size CZ-452's so can be turned to a repeater by a simple click & snap in of a new 5/10 rnd magazine. this is especially nice if dad is still controlling the ammo & loading. It is a full size action on a much shorter & lighter stock & barrel.

It is slightly bigger & slightly heavier as the Chipmonks/Crickets (about the same as the Marlin) but it can be a repeater, it is not as quickly out grown, the action is MUCH easier to work & load, I like the safety much better also, it is a proven design, I feel & have heard that it is it will be more accurate; I will let you know when we get it. It is also set up for a scope when the child is ready.

Looking at the Chipmonks/Crickets action, I also think that the cocking mechanism is slow, cumbersome, and even dangerous to for a small childs hands. I think that it can be dangerous to them or you even more when UNCOCKING it! JMHO

I bought my CZ Scout for $139.99 from Impact guns; they are on sale there I have never seen them cheaper anywhere. (I also had to mention the internet ad as it was cheaper than in their store...no problem.) The add even says that they also come with an additional 5 rnd mag. Pretty hard to beat!

If you call them, ask to speak to the owner..Dave if possible & you can tell'em Ken Harrison sent you.

www.impactguns.com

www.impactguns.com/store/czhandgun.html

Scroll to the bottom.

www.impactguns.com/store/...rifle.html

Ken

DOC-Ken-5

Best Prices on CZ 452
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2002, 01:34:52 AM »
Oh yeah...your last question.... "Models 1,2,3,4,5" applied to Brno's the predecessor models of the CZ-452 models. Essentially the same in many reguards. But....:
Model-1: Ended mfg in 1957
Model-2: Ended mfg in 1957
Model-3: Ended mfg in 1956
Model-4: Ended mfg in 1973
Model-5: Ended mfg in 1973

So.....search your deepest corners as they areVEEEEEEEERY  HARD to come by in the US. More commonly found in Canada....but very difficult, frusterating, expensive, time consuming.....and no guarantee to import from there.

For the latest CZ .22 LR variants go to: www.cz-usa.com

Good Luck!

Ken

DKRichards

Best Prices on CZ 452
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2002, 08:09:59 AM »
"as they areVEEEEEEEERY HARD to come by in the US. More commonly found in Canada...."

I suppose because the USA didn't import from the former communist country during those years, right? I remember the first "TZ 75" I saw (or way it "TA 75?). Lovely handgun. All the gun writers were saying nice things about the CZ75. Really nice pistol.

DOC-Ken-5

Best Prices on CZ 452
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2002, 10:40:14 AM »
Quote:
I suppose because the USA didn't import from the former communist country during those years, right?

Exactly.

Ken

Plateau-Hunter

Best Prices on CZ 452
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2002, 09:34:47 PM »
Thanks DK5 and DK for all the great info. I look forward to getting several more CZs. Plateau Hunter