Author Topic: CZ 452, Which Model?????  (Read 2895 times)

Unregistered(d)

CZ 452, Which Model?????
« on: February 25, 2002, 09:49:42 PM »
I'm new to CZ, but from what I've heard from the  other forums and read I have the CZ bug. I called my Gun Shop today, and can get one in two days, $239.00 for a model 452.  Is that a good price?  I looked at the CZ site again, and it dawned on me.  Which model 452 is he talking about, I called him back and he though there were only two, a 452 and a 452-2E.  I read off the different models, he's going to call tommorow and see what's available.  Which is the most popular model?  I like the silouette because of the light weight, but was wondering if the Varmint with Heavy barrel will shoot any better to justify the extra weight?  It'll be critter getter as much as a target shooter.
        The Lux is different, is the different shape more comfortable than the American stocks. I see that many people have the Lux.
       They all look good, hard decideing which one....Please give me some opinions!!!!!  And maybe some exspected prices? Also feel free to E-mail me at
mmdpm@bellsouth.net
         Thanks, mike

Offline Fred Flinstone

CZ 452, Which Model?????
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2002, 06:12:55 AM »
The lux model has a Europeen styled stock as to be able to accomodate more easily shooters using iron sights.
Being a sucker for nice walnut and more classic lines: I'd go for the CZ American or the Varmint. The Varmint has a much shorter barrel giving less weight to this gun and giving a quick point and aim caracteristic, has a slight palm swell that if you have bigger hand  you will feel right at home(same fealing stock-wise as a center fire weapon). Price-wise being from Canada I simply can't help you in that dept.All of the barrel for the CZ-452 come from the same hammer forge machine so accuracy is equal. Hoping this tid-bit of info helps you.

Please leave your impressions of your CZ in CZ review, just can't wait to have news from you.
---Fred---

BobD50

CZ 452, Which Model?????
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2002, 06:00:07 PM »
The 21 inch barrelled Varmint weighs in at 7 pounds compared to 6.1 pounds for the 22.5 inch barrelled American. Varmint's are usually about $20 more than the American in the US. I paid $288 plus tax for my Varmint at the CZ Connection about 6 weeks ago.

pdmall.com/CZC/czpage~2.htm

jfrost23

CZ 452, Which Model?????
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2002, 05:39:31 AM »
Hi!  My 452 Lux ran me $300, but I found it was worth every penny.  I haven't measured groups on paper, but recently I was consistently splatting cherry tomato-sized berries from 50 yards with non-match 22LR ammo.  That's as good as I can shoot, and the rifle shoots better.  If you think you'll want iron sights, the Lux is nifty.  The front sight is also adjustable, so iron sights can be fine tuned.  The stock reminds me of some of the black powder rifles, but it fits a variety of people very well.  Down side?  I haven't bought CZ rings, so for now I've settled for lesser quality.  Resorted to see-through, which when combined with the stock's drop, requires stretching the neck or fashioning a cheek pad to bring things in line.  If iron sights aren't a priority, the Varmint looks like it would be a fabulous rifle.

Offline dixienormns

Re: CZ 452, Which Model?????
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »
the cz452 american 16" threaded and the 452lux is the best 22 out there they run out my shop for 410.00 plus shipping to your ffl. i have sold all czs and they come back to buy the 16" and lux

Offline Artist

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »
I Love my 452 Lux (its better then the Ultra Lux so don't get confused between the two, you would think the "Ultra" would be the better one but its not). The Euro style stocks are very cool and the wood is really nice. The 452 Lux has the best iron sights on any rimfire I've ever seen. I bought mine from a local CZ Rimfire fanatic, gun smith and dealer who installed an aftermarket sear and the trigger on my Lux is bar none the lightest, smoothest, crispest trigger I've ever shot. From the price it sounds like your dealer has a trainer but I could be wrong. 239.00 is a fantastic price but if you can swing it get the Lux or the American, both are top notch, very inexpensive for what you get and accurate as all get out.
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, strong enough for a man, but she likes it too!

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:25:03 PM »
Anyone notice this thread started in 2002?

Offline Topar

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »
Ah well at least one can see how much it's gone up over the last 8 years. ;D

Offline nwcp

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »
I just had my 452 Varmint 17HMR at the range today. The longer I own the rifle the more I realize what a deal the gun is. One ragged hole all day long with 5 shot strings at 50 yards. With the wind moving it around a bit at 100 yards the group opens up to .5 - .75" with 5 shots. Small furry critters fear this rifle all the way out to 150 yards wind permitting. I like the varmint heavy barrel. It allows the barrel to shoot cooler over a longer period of time. Assuming you're looking a a .22LR a scoped American would be lighter to carry around in the field all day. It all depends on the caliber you choose and what you intend to use the gun for. As for me, I like it as a varmint 17HMR. I have a 4.5-14x44 Mueller scope and Harris bipod mounted on the rifle. I replaced the factory trigger with a Timney set around 3 lbs. Whatever you get... enjoy!

Offline Virginian

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 07:30:02 PM »
Ah well at least one can see how much it's gone up over the last 8 years. ;D

LOL  :D

anything