Author Topic: How can I remove mi front sight on my CZ 452 lux  (Read 2067 times)

Unregistered(d)

How can I remove mi front sight on my CZ 452 lux
« on: March 27, 2003, 08:06:18 AM »

I have a CZ 452 the lux rifle and I want to put on it a Silencer or sound moderator, but I don't know how to remove the front sight. Do you have any trick to do that?, or a I need to buy a new barrel with thread on it?
In advances my best regards and thanks a lot for your comments.

Marcelo Vidal

Offline Fred Flinstone

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 04:39:04 AM »
First take off front sight hood(it's held in place by itself) by widening base of hood partialy with nylon paded needle pliers.

The front sight itself is held in place by bizarre means, the best that I can explain it is partialy dove-tailed and peened on each side. A few sharp blows with a small nylon mallet & it will be gone. Now the barrel can now be cut asto make the false dovetail dissapear and threaded for your moderator. A new front sight will be needed: I highly recommend a BANDED FRONT SIGHT with hood(this is theway Brno used to do the #1,#2,#3,#4. The CZ alternative is a bad & cheap design).

Good luck,
Fred:hat

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 07:58:52 AM »
Hola Fred,
First at all, thanks four your answer.
Reading your post I saw that the front sight base is NOT screw on the barrel, that is a surprise for mi,:|  because I was trying to Unscrew the Front Sight base. That means if I remove the F. sight, I need to make the thread on the barrel or I'm wrong ?.
Can you confirm to me is the barrel have a thread or not under the front Sight?.
Regards

Marcelo