Author Topic: Low scope rings for 527  (Read 2883 times)

Offline k4rch

Low scope rings for 527
« on: February 16, 2006, 07:26:54 PM »
I have a 527 and the factory rings are higher than I like, does anybody make low or extra low rings for the 527?  Thanks.

Offline smike308

Low scope rings for 527
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »
You might check with Warne for lower rings.  A word of caution though, you will probably have clearance problems with the bolt handle hitting the scope eyepiece using lower rings than the factory CZ.  Some have had their bolt handles milled down to avoid the interference.

Offline G28X0Z0

Low scope rings for 527
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 06:53:43 PM »
Second the clearance issue, I talked to Warne before I bought mine and they recomended the high rings due to the bolt design.

stubbicatt

Low scope rings for 527
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 08:04:15 PM »
I just now got done reprofiling and refinishing my CZ 527 bolt to clear a Burris scope mounted on my rifle today.  The medium Warne rings place the scope perfectly, so I didn't want to get high rings.  The bolt as it came from the factory was in need of being dehorned anyways, so the reprofiling wasn't a major inconvenience.  Just about 1/2 hour with a dremel tool and the "square section" bolt handle root where it meets the bolt knob is now of a rounded section under the front of the knob where the "social finger" engages the bolt upon unlocking.  No more razor sharp bolt handle root to make shooting unpleasant.

Another treatment of cold blue tomorrow and all should be well I think.

YMMV.

Regards,
Stubb

Offline k4rch

Low scope rings for 527
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 07:27:46 AM »
Which scope are you using?  I'm currently using a Fullfield II 3-9 and with the stock rings, but I want to switch to a Burris compact and I think the Warne rings will work without modifying the bolt.

stubbicatt

Low scope rings for 527
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 06:22:05 PM »
My fullfield 3 to 9 magnification with ballistic plex reticle is clear as a bell and the best scope i've owned i think.

The bolt handle required serious clearancing using the Warne rings.

yippert

Low scope rings for 527
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 12:38:59 PM »
I just ordered a set of Warne QD rings for my 600 and a Leupold 2.5 - 8.  I did smoe careful measuring using my old rings as a reference and concluded that I would need the high to clear the bolt handle.  The Warne guy (Ron) 1 800 683 5590 said the 500 series has a bolt arrangement that would clear the bell with med rings but the 600 needs the high for that scope.  I'd give him a call if I were you as he knows which combinations work.  Good luck...Y

Offline runing rabbit

Low scope rings for 527
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 11:06:59 AM »
Hi- I just looked at the Burris site and they have rings for the CZ 527. Burris makes really good stuff. All steel and just one screw on each side which makes it eaiser to cinch them down even. A real nice deep blue shine too.
runingrabbit

eldon519

Low scope rings for 527
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 05:27:47 PM »
I just bought a CZ 527 and did quite a bit of research beforehand about scope and ring mounts.  I've got pretty high cheek bones so I really like the scope to sit down as low as possible.

I ended up going with the Warne medium-height rings and a Leupold Ultralight 3-9x33mm EFR scope.  I've got about 1/16" clearance at rest, but the bolt has enough play when open to cut it to about half that which is something to keep in mind as it could scrape the bottom of the scope's eyepiece if it were much bigger.  As listed by Leupold, the eyepiece has an overall diameter of 1.35".  I'd imagine you could just barely clear a scope up to around 1.4" in diameter and maybe go up to around 1.45" with some scraping if you don't pull the bolt back right.  That's just based on my gun though, could be different for others.

Hope that helps.