Author Topic: Is there somebody out there with a CZ-550 Magnum?  (Read 8837 times)

stcroix77

Is there somebody out there with a CZ-550 Magnum?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2003, 10:22:48 AM »
Fred,

Thanks for the help. I'll add the second cross-bolt. Do you know anyone who sells a long cross-bolt? Brownells' has them but they're only 1 3/8" and I need about 2".

TR

Offline Fred Flinstone

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2003, 05:33:39 PM »
Brownell's has 2 lenght cross bolt wise, if you order magnum lenght they're a tad longer than their conventional cross bolt. Try contacting their tech. dept.
The threaded tube is longer but not the screws, you could make a cross bolt tube by taking a blank steel tube and thread each end & cut to desired lenght.

If still you're still left in the dark try Cape Outfitters(U.S.). This outfit has gorgeous stuff in big caliber weapons & accessories.

stcroix77

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »
Threading a piece of tube will be easy; I'll try that.

Thanks,

TR

Offline ZKK602

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2003, 11:50:22 PM »
I would think that pillar bedding would provide all the advantages of cross bolts plus improve the accuracy.

Offline Fred Flinstone

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2003, 05:14:38 AM »
Yes pillar bedding SHOULD help BUT I recently tried the above method + glass bedding the action & almost recked a perfect stock. The stock started to split at the webbing(rear of action mating with stock) this although there was cross-bolts added. I had to re-inforce the wrist part with cross-pins. This was only a .300 Win. Mag.

Better be safe than sorry.

While writing this I just understood why the stock started to break: the pillars are set in the same grain orientation as the wood stock, thus actualy weakening the stock(food for thought):eek .