Author Topic: cz 527 American or HS composit?  (Read 4326 times)

Offline robthered

cz 527 American or HS composit?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 01:36:12 AM »
You dredged up an old thread! I just got my 527 H-S 223 as well. I haven't had a chance to fire it, I'm already in love. It's a sweet little rifle. It's an amazing synergistic blend of design elements. It'll be interesting to see how the 1 to 9 twist handles the 64gr Winchester PP.

Offline robthered

cz 527 American or HS composit?
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2003, 02:24:20 AM »
Shot my 527 H-S today. It put Federal AE 55gr FMJ BT into 3/4in, Federal 40gr HP into 1 1/4in, and Winchester 64gr PP into 1 1/2in. These were 5 shot groups at 100yds, using a Harris bipod, and a 2.5-10x44 Nikon Tactical scope in Warne mounts. The barrel was well fouled by the time I shot the 40gr and 64gr groups. I'm confident I can tighten this up shooting off some proper bags. I was very impressed with the rifle. The only problem I had was that the magazine that came with the rifle wouldn't feed at all. The two I purchased from CZ were fine.
Some folks are using these rifles as all purpose rigs from what I hear. They seem to be well suited to punching paper, shooting ground squirrels, and downing blacktails. The heavy barrel heats up slowly, allowing for fairly rapid 5 shot groups, yet due to the small action the rifle is still light and handy. I love the H-S stock.