Author Topic: Change RAMI Ejection Angle  (Read 1196 times)

John-Abatte

Change RAMI Ejection Angle
« on: March 29, 2006, 05:02:42 AM »
I would like to know if it is possible to modify the ejector nose slightly to cause the pistol to toss brass slightly to the rear rather than forward, or if some other mod would affect the ejection angle.

I first noticed the other day with my RAMI after I'd polished the slide and frame rails that my cases were being ejected slightly forward (around 2  o'clock), downrange of the shooting bench and into the grass.  I also added a stiffer recoil spring cut down from a 1911, but the brass was going downrange even before I put the spring in.

All my other CZs toss the brass to the rear.  I cannot retrieve my brass for reloading if it's tossed in front of the bench, so I would like to find out what would need to be done to change the ejection angle, if it's even possible.

Prior to the rail smoothing job, I don't recall this happening, except for the odd round now and again.  Most of the brass was ejected between 3 and 5 o'clock.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 06:36:55 AM »
Different recoil springs might do that.  

You can also adjust the ejector lightly with a file, putting a bit more of an angle on it, might work, too.  Doesn't take much.

John-Abatte

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 06:40:55 PM »
Thanks again for the tip, Walt.  I'll take a fine file with me next trip out to the range and fiddle with the angle.

What would be the effect of a stiffer extractor spring?  Might that change the angle at which the brass is thrown?

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 07:27:50 PM »
A stiffer spring will change the DYNAMICS of the ejection process -- it may simply throw it farther foward, but its hard to predict.

anything