Author Topic: Does anyone else have a problem with broken trigger springs?  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Boogieman

Does anyone else have a problem with broken trigger springs?
« on: August 12, 2005, 07:56:44 PM »
All 3 of my 75's break the trigger springs at between 2K and 3K rounds.

Any ideas?

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 05:51:37 AM »
Brian, another member here, has had a problem with trigger springs.  You two are the ONLY two who have mentioned the problem.

Replacing them yourself is relatively easy, particularly if you convert the solid trigger pin to roll pin.  

(Jim Miossi offer's them at his website.  Look for a message from Jim for a link).  

I've put thousands of rounds through some of my CZs and never had problems with the trigger spring.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 10:20:33 AM »
My PreB made it to about 5000 dry/wet fires before it broke.

I have had TWO P01s brake their springs prior to 1000 rounds.

There is a problem - but how wide spread it is is hard to tell.  

Replacing them on a P01 is NOT that easy - it is a decocker - anyone have good instructions on doing this on a decocker???

Offline dleong

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 11:37:14 AM »
The trigger spring in my CZ 100 broke pretty early on in its life. CZ-USA sent a replacement spring, which has held up very nicely since then.

Quote:
Replacing them on a P01 is NOT that easy - it is a decocker - anyone have good instructions on doing this on a decocker???

I do not have my CZ 40P (which has the same frame as the P-01) in front of me right now, but I am pretty sure you do not have to disassemble the decocking mechanism to replace the trigger spring.

DL

Offline Boogieman

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 01:26:15 PM »
Thanks everyone.

It looks like there is a problem.  One of my guns is on its 4th trigger spring.  I'll call CZ Monday.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 05:09:11 PM »
If someone HAS instructions on replacing the trigger spring WITHOUT messing with the decocker, please post.  I think one person did a while back.  It would be great to have it on a note...

Thanks all.

anything