Author Topic: Much thanks-repost  (Read 1175 times)

efdavila

Much thanks-repost
« on: May 16, 2005, 10:28:31 PM »
I purchased a 75b 9mm about a month ago. The first 200 rounds were WWB (100 count box). I had about six FTE's. The second 250 rounds were CCI Blazer-Aluminum. I had about 10 FTE's with that batch of ammo.
Thereafter I picked up Wolff mag, extractor, and recoil springs(16#). I also polished the ramp.
My third time out to the range I had only one FTE with a variety of ammo including CCI brass, WWB (50 count), and Rem UMC. Not satisfied I polished the chamber.
Today I ran through 200 rounds of WWB (100 count) with no FTE's or FTF's.
Originally I was going to purchase a Mini Firestorm (Bersa) 9mm, but kept hearing about how accurate, ergo., and reliable CZ's are. After lurking for a while I instead purchased a CZ and am happy I did.
My thanks to all who contribute to this board. Your advice is invaluable.

Offline SpaceGhost

Much thanks-repost
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 09:58:04 AM »
All of that info is good.. I'm having the same issues, good to know a little attention to the gun and break in worked it out.

I started to chime in on the thread about 'quality' in another sub-forum.  My SA cost $399 and is a lot of gun for that amount of money.  If I have to tweak it before it shoots like my $1500 1911, it is still a heck of great value.

I'm trying to get a group buy on the extractor springs just so everyone who has thought about replacing the spring, can for cheap.

I'm visiting my gunsmith for lunch on Wednesday, I bet I can get him to judicially apply the Emery cloth to the chamber and feed ramp if I'm nice to him... of course he builds the 1911s so I'll take some jovial 'verbal abuse' for buying the CZ first, then he will do it for me.

JW
Houston

anything