Author Topic: CZ75B Complete disassembly necessary tools  (Read 2079 times)

Unregistered(d)

CZ75B Complete disassembly necessary tools
« on: August 09, 2002, 06:27:19 AM »
There are a lot of posts with usefull instructions and tips how to disassemble completely a CZ75B.
I will be obliged if anyone will post a list with the necessary tools for the assembly disassembly process because I want to buy them for my own use.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 06:48:02 AM »
A screwdriver, maybe.  Gunsmith screwdrivers are best, as they're hollow ground, but I don't think you need them for anything but the mag release (and a narrow flat blade with long shank screwdriver would work nicely).  (Any phillips head screwdriver will work for the grips on the newer guns.)

You need gunsmith's punches (to drive pins out and put them back in again), and various small nails (and something to cut them to length) to make a pilot pin for reinstalling the trigger assembly.  That's it.  

There's a little spring-loaded piece that holds the safety in place.  Watch out for that -- as it's tiny and hard to put back in if it goes astray (if you can find it after it goes astray.)

And, if driving the pin holding the base of the main spring in place -- parts 22 and 23, above -- you don't drive it out all the way... if you simply want to remove or adjust the mag brake.
--------------
If you had done this sort of thing before, you'd probably not be asking these questions.  

So... Be prepared for a couple of, "Oh, hell, what have I done now" experiences as you learn as you explore your true "Klutz" potential.

A good book on firearm disassembly, with pictures, will prove invaluable -- not just for the CZ but other guns as well.  Gunshows generally have them for about $15.  Well worth the money, if only for the psychic comfort it offers.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 12:25:14 PM »
Thanks for the helpfull tips Walt.  

You are right assuming that I had not done a complete disassembly before. I had done some minor assembly/disassembly only, like cleaning firing pin channels etc for various friends that they are not proficient at all with tools.

anything