Author Topic: Slavia 630 and 631 how do you like yours?  (Read 8156 times)

slavia631

Slavia 630 and 631 how do you like yours?
« on: March 08, 2003, 09:41:42 AM »
Hi,
            I am thinking of purchasing either a Slavia 630 or 631.  Would like to hear from other owners and their comments either positive or negative.  How is the quality on these guns? Shootability, fit, finish, durability/longevity?
            I live in Canada so these guns are easy to aquire and seem to be priced right!

thank you,
            sean

RandyFB

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 02:17:19 PM »
I bought a slavia 630 and a 631 from Russells Sports in Calgary about a year ago and really enjoy them. check with JM for tune parts and lubes, I bought a set of guides for my 631 and it's a very good improvement in shooting behavior (which is already pretty decent). as far as non-FAC guns go, the slavia's are tops. :D

Offline Fred Flinstone

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 05:04:12 AM »
Anyone tried a Drulov pistol, what are your impressions?:hat

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 10:10:45 AM »
thanks Randy for responding. would you be able to clarify for me where 'jm' would be and what you are refering to when you say 'guides'?  thanks,
            sean

RandyFB

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 01:21:32 PM »
JM is James Maccari, check out his catalog at www.jamesmaccari.com/page...251327.htm he may or may not be doing CZ guides at this time but drop him an email or post a Q on his board www.aimoo.com/forum/login...?id=344396

guides help keep your mainspring moving in a linear motion, excessive tolerances can cause noise and poor firing behavior.

RandyFB

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 01:25:29 PM »
no, but the tau-7 and drulov are getting pretty high on my wish list. :b

HobbyShooter

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 09:08:25 PM »
Here is waht I posted on an other forum:

I have the basic Slavia 630. It is an excellent airgun. It is made of
            quality material, real steel and wood. The quality of construction is
            excellent, the finish is good, the blueing being not as shiny as higher
            priced rifles.The stock made of hardwood has a somewhat rough
            finish wich I simply polished with steel wool and a coat of linseed
            oil over the varnish (I haven't remove the varnish just polish an aply
            a coat of oil to protect and shine it).

The big plus is accuracy, .25 inch at 10 yards with Crosman
            Copperhead wadcutter. Almost same accuracy from Ruko Match
            wadcutter, both 7.9 gr.

Consider too: low velocity/power, maximum I chrono, 545 f/s for
            5.1 FPE with 7.9 gr Ruko Match wadcutter.

Also I mounted a Bushnell 3-9X32 airgun scope on it with no problems
            for compensating for a barrel drop, but the grooves on the receiver are
            non-standard or Europeen standard (11 mm I think) so the mounts
            furnised with the scope are rather wide open when clipped over the
            grooves. If you can get the right mounts for it every thing should look ok.
            But the combo is fully fonctionnal as is and I experienced no scope or
            mounts movements, the rifle being very kind to shoot.

Last note, the rifle is best "balanced" with 7.9 - 8.0 gr pellets. Lighter or heavier ones cause more clang an twinkles.

I have mine for two and a half year and still appreciate it very much!

Jocelyn.

SteveU452

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 06:22:14 PM »
Hi ---

See my 4/11 post under "What pellets does your 631 like?", but the short answer is:

Accurate, well-built, solid air rifle. Great on the bench, great off-hand, shoots many different pellets well. For the price (I paid $89.95 USD at compasseco.com) you can't touch any other gun this good, IMHO. I love CZ's.

Did you get one yet? If so, how do you like it?

--- SteveU

anything