Author Topic: Got a RAMI...  (Read 1940 times)

Offline PCRit

Got a RAMI...
« on: February 17, 2004, 04:10:15 PM »
I dropped by CZ-Connection on the way home and they had some RAMIs in .40 S&W.  I was wanting a 9mm, but since the 9mm was not in the first group shipped over, I thought I would give the .40 S&W a try.  I can always pick up a 9mm when they arrive ;)

The RAMI reminds me of my old G26 and G33, just a little heavier, and it just "feels" better in my hand, like my PCR.  I'll pick up some ammo and head to the range this weekend.

PS: Phil has several more RAMIs which have not been spoken for, as of late this afternoon

mbott

Got a RAMI...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 04:13:42 PM »
Your first assignment: a detailed range report!  :)

Really interested in hearing your impression once you get it to the range.  

--
            Mike

Offline PCRit

Got a RAMI...
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 06:07:09 PM »
Sorry, I have no way of posting a pic, but it looks just like the shotshow pic:

www.outdoorsbest.com/shot...z_ST_0214/

I wear a medium size glove (8.5) and I can just barely rest my pinky on the mag extension, or comfortably place it under the mag, which is how I shoot my G26.

It looks like the RAMIs without the slidestop (or interchangeble?) are scheduled to arrive this summer and the 9mm will follow later too. I haven't heard a definite time on the 9mm arrival (I'm hoping it's way before summer though:rolleyes ), which is why I decided to try the .40 S&W:rollin

QCMGR

Got a RAMI...
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 03:35:59 PM »
photos.ar15.com/ImageGall...eUnq=23010

Got mine today!

Offline rawger

Got a RAMI...
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 08:10:58 PM »
the pic i've been looking for !  when I first saw the 2075 I thought it looked like a sub compact 40b. tell us how close the design is . shooting, takedown,mags, everything. the 40b is my favorite. I've fired about 40 different pistols and the 40b is the only one that fits me perfect. first time out i'm nailing bulls eyes consistantly.

Offline PCRit

Got a RAMI...
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 08:47:12 PM »
Sorry, I've never handled a 40b, so I can't compare.  But it's very close to the G27/G33 size, just weights ~5 oz more than the Glock, and the grip angle is much more to my liking (like the PCR) than that of a Glock.  To me the RAMI "seems" a little slimmer, or at least not as bulky as the G27.

Take-down is similar to the PCR, and it very easy. It has a dual spring (1 spring captured, 1 spring non-captured) recoil rod.  Fit and finish look very good. The trigger spring feels a little rough, but should smooth out with time, like the PCR did. The DA and SA trigger pull seems to be the same as the PCR. The safety only functions when fully cocked, as expected, for cocked/locked carry.

I picked up some WallyWorld Winchester 165gr FMJ tonight ($14.97 per 100) and will go to the range tomorrow after work.  I'll report then and how well I did:D

QCMGR

Got a RAMI...
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 01:47:42 PM »
I have not had a chance to shoot it or disassemble it, but from all outside appearances it looks and feels like a chopped CZ-40.

KY-Larry

Got a RAMI...
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 04:23:02 PM »
I ordered my new RAMI today (.40 S&W). I tshould be here Tuesday. I CAN'T WAIT!!!