Author Topic: installing 97B mag release/catch  (Read 2186 times)

Offline phorvick

installing 97B mag release/catch
« on: August 14, 2005, 08:40:25 AM »
I was having pbls with premature dropping of the magazine and Mike E. was nice enough to send me a replacement mag release/catch, but I am clueless how to install it.

Is there a step-by-step somewhere to follow?

Online Stuart

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 10:57:07 AM »
www.again.net/~steve/pdf/cz97.pdf

unscrew the mag catch screw..but make sure your screwdriver fits pretty good, as sometimes these are fitted pretty tight.

lift the mag catch spring (part#33), I usually try and leave it in the frame, so it is easier to reinstall. once the two sides have cleared the mag catch it should come out..reinstall the new one, line up the spring sides with the holes, push the spring back down into the holes, screw it down.

hope that helps and didn't make it more confusing.

Offline sanger00verdun

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 10:14:29 PM »
I think you have to remove the trigger and trigger bar to access the mag catch spring screw. Getting the trigger reinstalled can be an exercise in patience. Remember to use a dummy pin to hold the trigger spring in place when reinstalling.

Online Stuart

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 06:43:22 AM »
yikes..that would be a pain...on the 75b and the SP01 you do not have to remove the trigger assembly..

Offline dleong

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 08:03:25 AM »
On the 97B, you do not have to remove the trigger bar to remove the magazine catch spring screw. With the trigger all the way forward, the screw just barely clears the front of the trigger bar.

(On the 40P and 40B, however, the trigger bar partially obstructs the screw, and has be removed first.)

DL

Offline sanger00verdun

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 12:13:08 PM »
Yeah, I couldn't remember if the SA/DA trigger would allow that. I know that the SAO trigger doesn't as it sits back much further. That was one of the first mods I did on my 97B.

anything