Author Topic: Does anyone have information on weapons retention training?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Richard Dillon

Does anyone have information on weapons retention training?
« on: January 25, 2003, 05:56:27 PM »
Folks, I was wondering if anyone knew of some Internet resources or other literature or training materials on weapons retention.  Oftentimes we can't afford to go to some of the pricey classes and training camps, but many friends wish to learn more about weapons retention techniques, and I was wondering if anyone here had any resources they would like to share.  Any advice is GREATLY appreciated, TIA, and please reply to rfdillon@hal-pc.org.

Glockguy-23

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 08:24:49 PM »
Where are you located?

Offline Richard Dillon

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 03:27:56 PM »
Houston, TX:D

Glockguy-23

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 07:10:43 PM »
You're in luck.  We've got a class about an hour west of you, in April, I believe.  Check www.f-r-i.com for particulars.  This class covers a multitude of defensive tactics, including retention, disarming, hand to hand and a whole lot more.  Let me know if you have any more questions...

BTW, prices are very reasonable...

Chuck-Edwards

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003, 07:25:54 PM »
Richard - I've taken the training that GG23 is talking about, and it's definitely worth it.

Regards,

Chuck

Looseduke

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 01:52:10 PM »
Do you have any training even in New England? If no, would you be so kind as to recommend somebody?

Glockguy-23

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2003, 08:25:36 PM »
Absolutely!  Go to www.f-r-i.com and look for the Level II classes.  We cover retention, in detail in all classes, but Level II is the place to start.  You won't find better training for your money.  If you don't see anything near you, contact Steve and ask him.  He'll be headed down here, Wednesday, for a Level IV we're doing at FFTC.  5 days of training, including 2 days and one night of simunitions.  Not too late for you guys, near Baton Rouge, to get signed up...  Must have prior training in defensive handgun, to attend.

Chuck, you should really try to make it...

Looseduke

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2003, 02:23:21 PM »
:o

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific instead of just saying New England; I live in CT, do you know of any place a bit closer?
Thank you

Glockguy-23

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2003, 06:54:26 PM »
If you can put together 6-8 students and a range, we'll come to you...

anything