Author Topic: Holster for EAA Witness .40?  (Read 3819 times)

JonRunnels

Holster for EAA Witness .40?
« on: July 21, 2003, 06:11:05 PM »
Argh!  Two holsters down and I'm no closer to finding a good CCW holster for my EAA Witness in .40.  I first bought a Comp-Tac "Shirt Tucker" but found that it was made for the 9mm and not the .40.  With some adjustment it works, but at the price of unacceptable printing.  Next I tried a FOBUS roto, but found out that it is not really a concealment holster in the first place.

I got excited when I heard about Eric's holsters, but after numerous e-mails I am not sure he is going to be able to make one for me due to his current situation.

I REALLY don't want to wait 3+ months and pay premium $$$ for a Mitch Rosen ARG, but will if I have to.  I had one before and it was an outstanding holster.

Any help would be appreciated.  My wants are IWB, FBI cant, and of course must be able to fit my gun!  Thanks.

Glockguy-23

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 08:08:52 PM »
If I had the gun, I could build exactly what you're looking for.  I'm in Baton Rouge, LA.  Where are you?

Go to www.rmholsters.com for an example.  The ECP is what you want for OWB, the Low Rider is what you want for IWB.

Offline ut83

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 04:29:33 AM »
Im actually still doing holsters..just running behind.  Work slammed me....but hey, Im still plugging along.
Email sent.........Shoot well, :smokin

Glockguy.....nice looking holsters...congrats.......Eric

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 08:00:16 AM »
This is my IWB from Eric - worth the wait.....

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • First Baptist Church of Atoka
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 07:44:17 AM »
I have found that Beretta Centurion holsters fit very well.  I purchased a Gould and Goodrich paddle that will carry my 75 in 40 perfectly.  It also handles the 9mm's fairly well.
Baptist Pastor, Lover of God and Country, Sheriff's Chaplain, NRA Patron Member

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 10:47:35 AM »

Another pic of Erics' fine work - just wish I had a decent camera!
   Dave

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 10:53:48 AM »
And rig at work....

ghostcop

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 03:57:19 PM »

Wow,
   The mental image you get of people, while reading post's.

Not even close.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2003, 07:25:00 AM »
Lots uglier in person.....just ask any inmate.....:eek

betterluckytg

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2003, 02:44:14 PM »
Uncle Mikes has a clearance sale on a holster that fits the .40 and .45 frames, after buying one to try I got a couple more for spares. It's #19, Askins style in the clearance section of their site www.unclemikes.com. I wear it outside the WB, but it's ambidextrous, and could probably be worn inside, using the LH belt loops on the RH although it may be a bit tight for reholstering one-handed. I've been using it almost daily a couple of months or so w/ no problems, without the safety strap, which is rather chintzy. But then, what can one expect for $7.67.

If that's too cheap, just remove the POS roto part of the Fobus, Dremel out that which would interfere w/ a belt, heat it a bit so you can spread out the (new) belt slots and you have a snug fitting holster that doesnt' stick out two inches or so from your belt. At least it worked w/ my XD40.

Yeah. I'm cheap, and like to make things work; why else would I be messin' w/ Tanfoglios?

anything