Author Topic: Best Combat Grips  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Captain

Best Combat Grips
« on: July 13, 2003, 05:34:13 AM »
What is my best choice for Combat Grips (non-slip, thin for concealed carry and preferably synthetic,) for a CZ-75B? The stock grips are OK but I'm always looking for something better.

Unregistered(d)

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 06:48:59 AM »
Click on Hakans link above, and see what he has - that's what I have, and they are great.
   Dave

Glockguy-23

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 11:04:59 AM »
For the thinest grip enhancement available, cut yourself a length of bicycle tire, tube and stretch it over your existing grips.  Fits like a glove, and has excellent griping qualitits...

copterdoctor

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 02:07:59 PM »
Skateboard tape.  If you go to your local skate shop and ask for it they will usually give you enough to do three or four guns for free.  I usually just use it to cover the front and back straps but I have seen it used on grip panels too and it has no problem sticking to most checkering alot of guys will put superglue on the grip before they put the tape on for an even better hold.  I wanted a pair of thin 1911 grips one time and took a regular pair sanded the checkering off and got them to the thickness I wanted then covered the entire grip in skate tape worked great until I got pissed off at the gun and sent it on it's way to begin my CZ collection.  I see no reason you could not sand the checkering off a pair of plastic CZ grips and then thin and shape them the way you want and super glue the tape to them.  Even if you botch it up you will only be out a couple of bucks.  I think when I get back from Afghanistan I will try that with the CZ-97 I just bought that I Haven't even seen yet.:(   You will not want to wear a gun equipped like this right next to your skin as it will give you the worst road rash of your life but a thin T-shirt is plenty of protection.

Offline hansolo

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 09:45:37 PM »
I was just reading your post and you casually mention"...when I get back from Afghanastan..."

I assume from your handle you're a Combat Doc/Medic...I think you know we support you who put it all on the line, and wish you a quick and safe return.  Thanks for doing a really special job!

Steve in CA

copterdoctor

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 04:05:01 PM »
I'm a doctor of helicopters not people.  I guess it can be confusing now that I look at it.  I work on the AH-64A Apache the baddest assed helicopter that ever flew the skies, and also the biggest piece of **** that ever sat on the ground.  Thanks for your support.

Offline Radom

• HGWT
Best Combat Grips
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 06:02:59 PM »
IMHO, the best combat grips for CZs are the CZ-USA aftermarket rubber grips: thin, good texture for grip indexing, dampen recoil, etc.  These are OEM on the P-01, PCR, and CZ 75B Tactical.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Unregistered(d)

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 10:37:02 AM »
I have used glocks with AGRIP rubber sleeve, it is good, and they make one for CZ-75's.

Walt-Sherrill

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 05:24:49 PM »
I agree with FEG:  the CZ soft rubber grips.  

Its what I have on my pre-B and my 85 Combat.  And as soon as I can get a pair, they'll go on my 75B Compact.

(I'd get a pair of synthetics like I have on my Browning HP, but they aren't to be found.)

Offline Captain

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2003, 05:58:24 AM »
So where do I find these soft rubber grips? I wouldn't mind buying from CZ-USA but their site is not particularly friendly for folks who don't know the product line well. Any good online vendors of CZ products?

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • First Baptist Church of Atoka
Best Combat Grips
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2003, 07:47:51 AM »
FWIW, synthetic grips will not allow you to shift your grip easily.  In the heat of the moment you may not get the best grip on your weapon.  Jerry Miculek promotes the use of smooth wooden grips for ease of handling.  That said, I have some of both.
Baptist Pastor, Lover of God and Country, Sheriff's Chaplain, NRA Patron Member

Offline Michigun

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 11:53:39 AM »
I have an AGrip coming for my CZ75B... All my GLOCKs & Kahr's have them already.

AGrip, simply the BEST!

Chuck-Edwards

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 03:09:52 PM »
Captain - "Non-slip" and "concealed carry" work against each other.  Silly as it may sound, the stock, non-thumbrest plastic grips are the best I've found for concealed carry.  If you want something prettier, go for wood in the same shape.

If the grip material grabs your hand, it'll grab whatever you're using as a cover garment too, possibly causing it to rise up and reveal your roscoe.  It's worst with a light shirt or t-shirt.

Having a non-sticky grip is also an aid to quick acquisition of your pistol, too, as someone already mentioned.

Regards,

Chuck

Opusxm

Best Combat Grips
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2003, 06:50:43 PM »
I have a CZ 75 D Compact. I am also in law enforcement and use this gun as my off duty weapon (concealed). I just ordered and received my new grips from Hakan's Custom grip. They are unbelievable. They have a great grip on them, aren't sticky like rubber grips and are great for concealed carry. They fit great in my hand and I can grab it with a lot more comfort. Plus the gun looks great!!!!!!!! It amazes me how he got the grip in the wood to feel the way it does. Almost like synthetic.

Hakan was great to deal with, and he makes a great grip. Give them a try. I highly recommend them and will order more in the future.

If you have any questions let me know.

Offline Hakan

• Administrator
Best Combat Grips
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2003, 04:28:08 PM »
Opusxm,

Thanks a bunch for your great description of the "Xtreme Blackout" grips...glad to hear you like them :D  ...also, I apologize for the delayed response |I  

Here are they;

"Xtreme Blackout"

Thanks again for your kind words,

Best,

Hakan.