Author Topic: Fill in holster: DeSantis Yaqui  (Read 1581 times)

Offline matthewdanger

Fill in holster: DeSantis Yaqui
« on: January 05, 2004, 03:54:10 PM »
I was given a pretty cool gift for my birthday/Christmas.  It's a DeSantis Yaqui slide holster for DA autos.  I hope it will fill the gap as a range and house holster until I can afford the HBE holsters I am saving for.

I will be using it for a Springfield P9 and a CZ P-01.  Does anyone have any experience with this holster in general?  Any experience with this holster with CZs?

Thanks!
Matt

Boricua322

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 04:10:04 PM »
I do have a belt slide that fits most medium pistols.  It works fine and will work for what you intend on using it for.  The only problem that I had was that the barrel of the pistol would wear a hole in my pants.  And at the range I would have a really dirty spot on my pants.

Shoot fast but don't miss!

Offline ut83

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 04:11:16 PM »
Ive got tons......what do you want to know?  Its a very very versatile holster in what it will carry but only carrys things one way.  Id recommend carrying at the side as its a vertical drop holster or doesnt have any cant.  Its not a good concealment holster unless you can wear a good sports/long coat with it.  When you wear it you can place it between belt loops or if you have to run a belt loop through the middle of it...youll see what I mean when you look at the back of it.
Id recommend a 1 1/2" belt with it.
When you put the gun in it...do it with the holster in place on your belt/pants.  Have the proper screw driver ready and see how the gun fits.  You may have to give it a push to get it in all of the way.  Now draw the gun...it should require some pulling to get it out, if not..tighten the screw about 1/2 a turn at a time until its properly tight.  If its too tight then loosen it and start the process.........
Hope this helps............oh, when you are being active ie running etc...cover your gun as there isnt alot holding it in and will let loose if too much agitation hits it.

Shoot well.

Offline matthewdanger

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 06:00:40 PM »
Great!

Thanks for all the great info Eric!