Author Topic: Including images in your posts.  (Read 86094 times)

n-12-Volt-Man-czechpistols82792

Including images in your posts.
« on: January 07, 2005, 10:13:57 PM »
It seems this question comes up quite often, so I thought I would type something up for the FAQ section.  The codes for linking photos to posts on easy board are different from most other forums, so I thought this would help.

First off we need a place to host the picture.  This means that the photo is stored somewhere that it can be accessed on the internet.  A good free service that has been around for a while is Image Shack  

It is a good rule of thumb to make sure that your photo is sized to 800x600 or smaller to make viewing the photo easier folks who will see it.

When you are at their website, click on "browse" to find the location of the photo file you would like hosted.  When you have found the file and clicked on it so that the "browse" field contains the path to the file on your computer then click on "host it"

When the next page comes up, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page where it says  Here is a direct link to your image. In that box, highlight the link that is in there.  For this example, mine said http://img108.exs.cx/img108/5306/guns1797qd.jpg .  After it is highlighted, the hit "CTRL" and "C" on your keyboard at the same time, this copies the link.  Then come back to the forum.  Make sure that you have the "easy codes" radio button checked.  It is right below the subject line when you are making or replying to a post.  This will make the rest easier.  

Now click on the "image" button on the left then hit "CTRL" and "V" at the same time on your keyboard.  This pastes the link.  Then click "OK"  That wil' automatically fill in the codes you need for the hosted image to appear in your post.

Then you will end up with a photo in your post like the one below.  

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Including images in your posts.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:28:35 PM »
Since we have changed hosts and Forum Format Software, the "EZCodes" option no longer applies.

Take your main picture link and paste it with "[ I M G ]" directly before the link and "[ / I M G ]" after the link.

Or just copy (CTRL +C) the tag off of the hostsite/Photobucket called:  IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
More info - Very simple really.

1) Get a Pic Host account such as Imageshack, Photobucket, or Hunt101.com, the latter which I use.
2) Upload your Pics to your Pic Host Gallery
3) Copy ( keyboard - Ctrl+c ) the Forum Pic Link you get from Your host
4) Paste ( keyboard - Ctrl+v ) the Forum Pic Link into Your post
5) Click on "Save" when done editing

Of course the trick with Photobucket is to just click the "IMG" code, which automatically copies the pic link to your Computer, and all you have to do is Paste ( keyboard Ctrl + v ) into your post.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:15:19 PM by jwc007 »

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:16:07 AM »
Regarding Host Sites for your Pics

Photobucket, Imageshack and others routinely delete photos for a variety of reasons.  If anyone wants to post a picture and expects it to stay around, they should NOT use photobucket or imageshack, but should find an image host with a friendlier retention policy.

I like this one: http://imgdump.novarata.net  It has a "zero deletion" policy.

Hunt101 has similar retention policies to imgdump and there may be others with similar retention policies.  Notify me of any others like that and I will add them to the list.

http://www.hunt101.com/

http://imgdump.novarata.net