Author Topic: CZ-52 rollers  (Read 709 times)

Offline Big Shmoo

CZ-52 rollers
« on: November 12, 2007, 01:46:44 PM »
I see that CZ-52 rollers are replaceable if they wear out.  I've looked at mine closely and can't figure how they come out or go in.  Can someone explain this process?

Offline Wallew

CZ-52 rollers
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »
Pretty easy.  Make SURE the weapon is unloaded including no rounds in the chamber OR the magazine.

Pull the slide off.  Then, using the rounded magazine floor, insert this into the notch in the underside of the barrel.  This will allow you to pull the locking lugs back enough to allow you to remove the barrel.  Once the barrel is removed and the spring tension removed from the barrel, do this same thing again.  ONLY, this time when the locking portion of the barrel moves back, you will notice that you can NOW remove the two locking rollers.  Actually they all but fall out, so be careful not to lose them.

Reverse this procedure to install the locking rollers in place.

Offline wolfshell

CZ-52 rollers
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »
Accually, when you have the barrel out, the rollers should look like they are falling out, but you should not be able to remove the rollers like that unless they are worn to the point of being unsafe. To remove them or replace them, you accually have to romove the roller cam(the sliding part that is under and around the barrel). To do this, you have to remove the pin you see in the side of the chamber block of the barrel. Once this pin is removed, you can slide the roller cam forward allowing the rollers to be removed. Once done, put rollers back into the slots, and slide the cam back into place, and replace the pin.

Offline texdoug1

CZ-52 rollers
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 09:41:15 PM »
I'm really not bashing anyone's product, but are the hardened rollers, Harrington I believe, really any better?

Sorry, I just realized I hijacked the thread.

anything