Author Topic: .204 Ruger  (Read 1859 times)

Offline JayinThornton

.204 Ruger
« on: December 25, 2007, 05:34:37 PM »
Anyone have a 527 American or 527 Varmint in .204 Ruger?  The basic questions are how does it perform, has it met your expectations and would you recommend one to a frienc?  I have several CZ postols and I'm pondering making a .204 Ruger my first CZ rifle.

Thanks!

Jay

Offline dancz

.204 Ruger
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 03:16:22 AM »

I have both in 204 and would buy them again. Of course I'm a little biased when it come to the Czechs as I have about 140 of them. The Varmint will put all the bullets near touching at 100m on a claim day using a poor front rest and no rear rest. I have mine scoped with a low power scope so I'm sure with better rests and a better scope it would do a lot better. I have not even developed a load for it yet. The American is not far behind either.

CZ 527 American -- .204 Ruger

CZ 527 Varmint -- .204 Ruger

New Zealand

Offline GLShooter

.204 Ruger
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »
I have two of the 204 527 Varmints and one in a 700 SPS heavy barrel.  The one CZ I got last year shoots like the proverbial house on fire.  I shot 21 different loads with 39 grain Sierra's.  Of the twenty one I had only two over 1" groups,  nineteen were under 3/4 inch and six were under 1/2 inch!!   The action is not as smooth as glass but it is certainly acceptable.  The set trigger, once adjusted, is a dream off the bench.  The rifle kills like lightning out to 350 or so on PD's. I manged a double at 345 yards last summer with mine and in my area the PD's aren't that thick so that is a rarity!!

The 700 while having a smoother action is also a good shooter but the trigger is not as easy to adjust. Since they put epoxy on them at the factory it is a real pain to get in there and get them down where they belong for good long range shooting.  I fould it to be pretty accurate also with many loads shooting into 0.6 inches and several dipping down into the 0.3 range.  This was as I was breaking in the barrel.  I can't wait to see how it does in the long run.

I just purchased another 527 Varmint the other day because the wood was so gorgeous I could not leave it on the shelf !!  I may try and post pictres of it if there is and interest.    I am tickeld with the CZ products and even got a 28 gauge Ringneck for a gift to myself on retirement from over twenty years of Federal law enforcement last summer.

Greg

Offline Charitup

.204 Ruger
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 05:45:10 AM »

Offline Charitup

.204 Ruger
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:46:56 AM »
trying again:   I'd like to see the pictures of the new varmint and the ringneck too as far as that goes.

anything