Author Topic: CZ 110. I need an advice!  (Read 5086 times)

Offline guia74

CZ 110. I need an advice!
« on: March 01, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »
Hello, first at all I will introduce myself:
I?m from Portugal and I?m a staff sergeant of the Portuguese Army.
I?m about to buy a new gun for myself since our laws here recently changed and now allow Military and LEO to buy almost anything they want.
Until this change we could only get 32Acp and civilians 6,35mm.
So now I?m looking for a 9mm (it?s the caliber I?m used to in the job) and while I was searching in the web I found this forum and discovered CZ.
I want a gun for CCW and want a "plastic" one, because of the heat here in Portugal. My Beretta 81 fs already shows some rust because of the sweat.
Finally I have made my choice: CZ 110.
But for my surprise a few days ago while I was viewing the CZ website I noticed that the 100 and 110 models were not showed anymore.
So I emailed them to know the reason why and they answer me that way:
"Dear Sir,
Thank you for your interest in products of Ceska zbrojovka a.s.
The reason why the CZ 100 and CZ 110 are not anymore on our company website is very simple, production of these models has been discontinued and our company website displays only models which are currently manufactured.
Anyway, there are still some CZ 100 and CZ 110 models on our company stock and of course also sufficient number of spare parts.

Yours faithfully,

Milan Kubele
Marketing
Ceska Zbrojovka a.s.,
Uhersky Brod
Czech Republic"

Here is my question, I love the cz 110 features but should I buy a gun that have been already discontinued?
Thank you and sorry for my poor english.

Offline Old Coastie

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 08:19:44 PM »
First of all, welcome to the forum Milan. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

Personally, I would buy a CZ110 as fast as I could. If they are anywhere near as reliable as the CZ100 you should not have any problems. I would probably buy some spare parts from CZ just in case. I have had two CZ100's for a lot of years and have not had any problems which required replacing any parts. Of course we, in the US, have no experience with the 110 since it is not imported here. If I could I would get two.

I am saddened that the 100 and 110 has been discontinued. When I feel the need to carry a pistol for self defense, I carry one of my 100's.

Good luck with your decision.

Mike
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

Offline JJB70

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »
Quote from: guia74
Here is my question, I love the cz 110 features but should I buy a gun that have been already discontinued?

That is interesting news.  I have a CZ100 and I have been hoping we would get to see the CZ110s here in the U.S. someday.  I've had no problems with my CZ100 and if the CZ110 were available here it would be on my wishlist!  I would agree with Old Coastie--I think his advice is sound.

Good Luck and please let us know what you decide.

Offline guia74

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 02:42:39 AM »
Thank you for your answers.
But I would like to know what spare parts do you think I should buy?
I was already thinking about some extra mags but should I also ordered some springs?
By the way can you tell me how strong is the finish of the slide?
Will it resist to a daily use?

Offline William Chase

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 02:56:35 PM »
One reason they may have discontinued the 100 and 110 is that they will be coming out with polymer-framed versions of the P-01 and SP-01 in the future. How far in the future, is anyone's guess.

Bill
"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". A.E van Vogt
CZ75 P-01   CZ52 (53)  S&W 642  
1903 M96B Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser Remington 870 Wingmaster 12Ga
USPSA Area 4, Brazosland Pistoleros

Offline guia74

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »
While reading some topics here in this wonderful forum I realized that CZ75ID had made a review of the CZ 100.
In his review he said that he used some VF 15 shots mags.
What kind of brand is this? Are they reliable? It would be great to increase capacity from 13 to 15 ammunitions.

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 02:04:11 PM »
Quote from: guia74
While reading some topics here in this wonderful forum I realized   that CZ75ID had made a review of the CZ 100.  
  In his review he said that he used some VF 15 shots mags.  
  What kind of brand is this? Are they reliable? It would be great to increase capacity from 13 to 15 ammunitions.

During the magazine ban in the U.S., one of the CZF Members ("vonfatman") lived near the CZ-USA offices.  He was able to buy a great number of pre-ban OEM Czech magazines for the 75/85 series, and he resold them to CZF Members only.  We called them "VonFatman magazines" or "VF 15 magazines."  This was back in the day when we had only a few hundred members, so we could speak in code or shorthand and still understand each other.

The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline guia74

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 02:33:19 PM »
So the mag from 75/85 series will work on the CZ 110?

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 07:29:36 AM »
I believe they stick out a bit, but feed and function okay.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline guia74

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 08:11:07 AM »
Thank you FEG for the answer. But I think that I will stand with the regulars mags.
By the way, is there anyone who can told me wich spare parts I should purchase?
I?m not a big shooter. My Beretta is from the year 2000 and only have 400 shots.
I just do some practice shooting from time to time, so I think the CZ will not suffer so much damages.

Offline Old Coastie

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 11:48:47 AM »
Since I was the one who suggested spare parts, I guess it is my responsibility to answer.

If it were me, I would buy 1 each of every spring from CZ except the magazine and recoil spring. Those two I would get from Wolff gunsprings. The recoil spring should be replaced as the factory spring is too light, in my opinion. I have replaced my 9mm recoil spring with a Glock G19 recoil spring rated at 22 pounds. It is a perfect fit. In general, I try to keep springs and any small parts that tend to shoot across the room when I detail strip my pistols. You might also consider a spare connecting pin (#45). I started to collect all these parts for my CZ100, but soon discovered that I wanted so many parts, that it would be cheaper to buy another pistol, so I got a CZ100 in 40 S&W. If I could get the 110 in America, that is what I would do. I would buy two. That way if one failed I could use the other while I was repairing the first. That would also allow me to carry one pistol while practicing with the other.

I hope this helps somewhat. If you have any other questions, please ask.

Good shooting.

Offline guia74

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 04:25:22 AM »
Thank you for all the information you gave to me.
I think that I?m not afraid of buying a discontinued gun anymore.
The gun will probably be here in a mounth or two (It?s Portugal you know).
So I?m probably be looking informations about a good Holster for now.

Offline Old Coastie

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 07:57:54 AM »
The only holster makers I use are in the US and I do not know if they will ship to Europe.

Haugen Handgun Leather
High Noon Holsters

Take a look and see if any of their designs will meet your needs. I have used both makers and they are excellent. Also, both make for the CZ100 so the 110 should fit exactly.

Good shooting,

Mike

Offline guia74

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »
Thank you Old Coastie for the links but I think I would prefer sinthetic material (nylon or injection molded) over leather.
The heat and sweat are not friendly for leather.
Here in portugal you will find Vega: http://www.vegaholster.it/welcome.aspx?lang=eng
and Blackhawk: http://www.blackhawk.com/default.asp