Author Topic: New member from NorCal  (Read 585 times)

Offline brooke

New member from NorCal
« on: June 24, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »
Hope it isn't pre-mature, joining before I get my CZ.  The board has been very helpful in my search for a 9mm.  Now I need to find a PCR in stock ...

Best,
Brooke

Offline Norcalbohemian

New member from NorCal
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 04:08:21 PM »
Welcome fellow NorCal denizon! I just bought my first pistol - the CZ P-01 last month. Its great! I, too, lurked on this forum for a long time, and greatly appreciate the experience and information shared by the members here. Finding a PCR in stock in Northern California may be a bit of a challenge. I've never seen one in person - that is to say in any gun shop that I have visited. I live in the Bay Area - and drove over two hours to the new Sportman's Warehouse in Rocklin just to see the P-01 in person before I bought it. From the pictures - I think that the PCR is a great looking gun - better than the P-01. I ended up choosing the P-01 over the PCR because of the extensive testing and "improved metalurgy "and tolerances it is built to. The fact that the Czech National Police are replacing their PCRs with the P-01 and the NATO approval sold me. At first, I didn't think that I would want or need the accessory rail - and especially its extra bulk. Well, now that I have it I'm using it - and have added a lasermax laser And Surefire X300 tactical light! I bought it primarily for self defense - and the extra help aiming and seeing in the dark (when the bad guys usually do their work) are great. They both come off easily - and have handy switches - so there is no commitment to use them at all. Don't turn them on when you don't want them, or just take them off for daytime use at the range! Anyways, welcome to the forum, and good luck on your decision. You could not have picked a better place to seek advice!

Norcalbohemian

Offline brooke

New member from NorCal
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:43:54 PM »
Thanks for that. I'm back and forth re the rail, but do like the looks of the PCR better. Waiting ...

anything