Author Topic: New Member From St. Louis  (Read 443 times)

Offline cards2468

New Member From St. Louis
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:17:45 PM »
Hello everybody, I'll be turning 21 come fall and am more excited about being able to purchase a handgun rather than being able to purchase alcohol. I never looked much into guns when I was younger, and never dealt with anything more powerful than a nail gun or paintball gun. However, attending Saint Louis University taught me that there are terrible people in this world, and in order to safely experience the world without locking oneself in a false-reality, one must be prepared to defend themselves and their loved ones.
I live in St. Louis, but I'm a resident of Kentucky, so when purchase time comes, I'll be making a trip home and probably going to Whittaker Guns actual store since it's on my way between home and school. Being a college student, obviously funds aren't great, but I'm working a lot this summer and will be working during the school year, so I will still be able to afford a decent gun and a good holster plus range and carry ammo. I've been greatly interested in Glock since I've started my search, particularly the 19. I want to stick with 9mm due to my lack of experience and the cost of ammo. Recently I discovered CZ while searching different guns out there, and find myself very attracted to the 75 P01. Being in school for aerospace engineering also makes the aircraft grade aluminum casing very appealing. I've only recently discovered the CZ 75 P01, so I can't say I'm committed to it yet, but it does look very good as being my choice. Being my first gun and probably my only gun until I'm in a better financial state, I want to make sure I get it right the first time. I'm looking forward to reading the insight from the experienced CZ owners here as I continue my search leading up to September 30th.

Offline William Chase

• Administrator
New Member From St. Louis
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 12:06:51 PM »
Welcome aboard!

I poked around gun reviews and views a bit before I jumped onto the CZ bandwagon, and kept reading "an awful lot of gun for the money," "equal to pistols costing twice as much," so often, I decided I had to get my hands on one. My local range had a "Handguns 101" course, so I took it, and found it taught with a Glock 34 (a nice enough gun). During the class (really one-on -one) I asked if the had any CZs I could rent to shoot, and the guy said he'd be happy to let me try their 4-year-old 75B that was the range loaner. It was dinged, scraped and well-used, but once I got my fingers around it... I was hooked!

Bill
"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". A.E van Vogt
CZ75 P-01   CZ52 (53)  S&W 642  
1903 M96B Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser Remington 870 Wingmaster 12Ga
USPSA Area 4, Brazosland Pistoleros