Author Topic: Score! CZ-75 SA  (Read 1909 times)

Offline habu36

Score! CZ-75 SA
« on: November 06, 2017, 06:44:31 PM »
Greetings!

Yesterday I scored a CZ-75 SA.    I'd been wanting one for a while, and a deal on a local forum came up.  It was barely used, and for 450, I jumped.

When I picked it up, I saw that it had night sights as well as Nill grips!   Box, extra mag, original grips, all of that came with it.    I'm stoked.

Now, to consider upgrading the trigger.    I'm thinking that a race hammer from CGW is in order.   Who knows.    I need to shoot it first, and decide from there.

Yay, new (to me) CZ!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Score! CZ-75 SA
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 06:59:47 PM »
That's a great price.  My youngest son ended up with mine from a couple years back.  It was just over $600 with taxes and all.  When we go to the range he may take three pistols.  He shoots the P07, lays it down, picks up his CZ 75 SA and just keeps shooting it.  I try to get him to shoot his P07 and he just tells me he enjoys shooting the SA so much he doesn't really want to shoot the P07.

He did put a CGW race hammer and adjustable sear in his, along with a straight trigger from CZ Custom, earlier this year.  I gave him a CGW match bushing and CZ soft rubber grips for it.  He really likes his and I'll be the more you shoot yours, the more you'll like it.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline habu36

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »
M1A4ME,

Thanks for the reply, and the interesting notes about your son's SA.   This is my third CZ.   The first is an SP-01 with hundreds of CGW parts in it, fantastic.   The second is a Tactical Sport Orange, it's my pistol for USPSA.   Nothing done to that pistol except new grips and magazine extensions. 

This one, I love the wood grips.    I'd like the trigger to be more crisp, not worried about the weight much.    Down the road, sights.   For now, just enjoying the new CZ.

Offline muncie21

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »
The first is an SP-01 with hundreds of CGW parts in it, fantastic.   

Hundreds of parts, this could b e pic worthy!  I'm curious, perhaps others too, how you were able to fit all of those extra parts in the CZ.....

O0 Just funning with ya, congrats on the new member of the family

Offline habu36

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 08:10:37 PM »
The first is an SP-01 with hundreds of CGW parts in it, fantastic.   

Hundreds of parts, this could b e pic worthy!  I'm curious, perhaps others too, how you were able to fit all of those extra parts in the CZ.....

O0 Just funning with ya, congrats on the new member of the family

Thanks!

Yeah, I meant hundreds of dollars worth of CGW parts, all worth it.

If I mentally count the parts, it's... 10 or 11.  I think.  ;)

Offline habu36

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »
Here's a pic to show it off!

Offline Ruber

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 06:27:17 PM »
Very nice!  Congrats!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 09:37:27 PM »
Very nice find! I saw one like that in 40 a few days ago on a local forum. The guy always selling a 97B with those wood grips too.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline K3JB

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
Nice, good purchase You will enjoy the 75B SA.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline TonyB

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »
I came across a 2005 NOS TC which I love, it?s 40S&W but I got a 9mm barrel for it too ... the 40 is much smoother than I?ve felt in any other gun but the 9 is sweet but it made me want something a bit smaller so I kept an eye on GunBroker and came across a like new SA ... not sure if I?m going to get a trigger job on it ... it was a bit rough but I pulled the slide off and worked the trigger about 2-300?pulls while watching tv one night and that alone really smoothed it out ... after that I cleaned it and put a couple drops of synthetic oil on it and it?s really slick; still a bit long but has a nice reset ... we?ll see!

Offline flying

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 12:46:49 AM »
Congrats on a great deal on a great gun  ;)

Offline sissupr

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »
Probably my 2nd most favorite CZ that?s on the list.  Congrats.
CZ Shadow SP-01
Glock 17 Gen 4
Sig Sauer P238 Spartan
In search of a Glock 19, 26 and M&P Shield