Author Topic: CZ 75D PCR Night Sights  (Read 2985 times)

Offline GMT210

CZ 75D PCR Night Sights
« on: October 29, 2008, 07:08:04 AM »
Angus,

I've searced high and low for set of nightsights for my PCR that would have the same general profile as the original reverse low Novaks.  Are they available, or can the originals be modified to accept the vials?  If they can, would the sight picture remain the same, or are the rear sights further apart, does it matter?

If anyone has done this conversion, please post a picture of the side profile and the sight picture.

Thanks

GMT

Offline GMT210

Re: CZ 75D PCR Night Sights
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:14:09 AM »
Bump,

Angus any thoughts??

Offline Simonek

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 10:52:56 AM »
I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm on the same search.  If I find anything, I'll let you know.

Don

czubaru

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »
I have a PCR (Eric's - of HBE Leather, no less -  Custom PCR if anyone remembers …)

Yeah, this is a very frustrating topic. I have never seen a clear explanation on this site … :-[ so here goes my shot …

The story on PCR sites is basically this:
  • Any CZ 75/P01 night sight shaped like the factory one will fit as far as I can tell (see below for while it is not ideal).
  • These WILL fit.
  • Anything like this WILL NOT fit.
  • CZ "says" there are night sights available… but they have not responded to multiple emails asking about availability
  • You can have your factory sites drilled and plugged by a smith with tritium inserts (and maybe some fiber optics)…

The issue with using CZ75B nights is basically the forward 'wedge' shape. Forward of the dovetail the factory sight requires the slide ribbing to be removed for about .5".  So if you place normal sights there is a gap and becomes somewhat unsightly.

I honestly have no idea why this one pistol in the CZ arsenal has this …  ???

Ghost Holster has a custom PCR and on it they shave the top ribbing off and then put competitions sights on

I also recently emailed GhostHolster regarding the sights CZ says exists and have not heard back …

Anyway, I think I am going to try to order up a set of the stockers and have a local smith drill them for a tritium insert and/or have some fiber put in front of them … who knows how it will go.

Here is my PCR:

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:40:20 AM »
As far as I am aware there is no direct replacment rear sight for the PCR
On the Pro TeK1
we machined in Height adj only novak tritium rear, the flat toped the gun to get rid of the ugly cut in front of the sight.
To this day I have no idea why CZ UB do not fit a "sensible" sight on the PCR.
It is by far my favourite carry gun, with a  fairly worthless rear sight.

Yes of course the rear can be drilled for inserts.

The tritium front we have will fit.
I am not sure but there is some legality issues with playing with tritium vials?

Angus Duhhhh!

Offline GMT210

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »
Angus, Don & CZubaru,

Thanks for the responses, at least I know that I am not alone in searching for the PCR nightsights.

Angus it sounds like an opportunity for either CZ-UB, CZ-USA or Ghost to develop a reasonable PCR night sight.  I would imagine that there is a sizable PCR population just waiting for a well made night sight.

Mark

Offline brokenarrowjbe

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »
count me in, can't always use the crimson trace, John