Author Topic: Grips for 97B  (Read 2016 times)

Bob70

Grips for 97B
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:52:39 PM »
I'm sure this is not a new topic but I'm new here and not sure how to ask a question.  I have a 75B, an 83 & just acquired a 97B.  I see many pictures of 97's with Houge rubber finger groove grips.  The Houge website does not list anything for a 97, does anyone know where the grips can be found?  Is it something designed for another gun but fits the 97?  I've given up on finding anything for my 83 but now have hope for the 97.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob L.

Offline Craig M Arnold

Re: Grips for 97B
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »
Hogue does not make grips specifically for the 97B. You will just have to buy a set made for the 75B. You then heat them up using either a hair dryer or hot water. Then stretch them on to your 97B.

Here's a picture of Hogue grips on my 97Bs.

Best regards.

Make America Great Again

Offline Wetrudgeon

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »
Thanks for the comparison photo.  It is quite interesting to us, because from it the 97B does not appear significantly larger than the 75B, and we had always considered it so.  Interesting indeed.

We trudge on.

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:25:37 PM »
I'm sorry if I confused you in any way. The photo was meant to show the 75B Hogue grip stretched onto the 97B. The pistol in the middle of the photo is my EAA Witness Elite Match, not a 75B.

The 97B grip is larger than the 75B. When I have a chance, I'll do a photo to show it.

Again, sorry for any confusion.

Best regards.
Make America Great Again

Offline DLaw

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 02:15:41 PM »
The new 97BD rubber grips will fit on the 97B also.

Offline Wetrudgeon

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:46:35 PM »
Ah, so.  We mistook the pistol in the middle for the 9mm 75B.  That is a nice line up. 
We have considerable interest in purchasing a 97B, but have paused because of the size and weight of the pistol.  It is a big stable platform for launching 45acp projectiles, but too large to conceal conveniently.  Kindly post a comparison photo when you can.

We trudge on.

Offline shooterdude

• Shooterdudes Chronicles
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »
We?

Have you got a mouse in your pocket?
 ;D
Follow my blog "Shooterdude's Chronicles" at http://www.shooterdude.info

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 11:11:10 PM »
OK, here are some pictures of the 97B grip vs the 75B grip. It may not look like much of a difference in the pictures. However, once you hold the 97B you can feel that the grip is larger. I have average sized hands and can handle the 97B OK. However, if you have small hands, I think that the size of a 97B would be too much. Also, if you are looking for a CCW, I would look at other pistols. The 97B is a large pistol to be trying to conceal.

Hope these pictures help.

Best regards.

Make America Great Again

Offline Wetrudgeon

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »
Excellent comparison photos. We thank you Kindly. 

Our brother owns a 75b that we have shot extensively.  We consider it excellent.

We carry a Glock G36 and occasionally our CZ P-01.  We consider the ergonomics of the P-01 to be the best we have experienced (for us, at least).  The first time we handled a P-01, we knew we had to own one.  Ours has not disappointed.  Even with the somewhat gritty trigger (that has now begun to smooth up nicely) the P-01 is relatively easy to shoot well because of the ergos.  We are also becoming increasingly comfortable with the decocker.

We have a deal made on a 97b; and should be picking it up Sunday.  It may well be too large to conceal, but we think we will enjoy it and find a use for it nonetheless.

Thanks again for the photos.  We think the 97b will be a good addition to our (admittedly modest) collection.

We trudge on.

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 08:13:01 PM »
The 97B is an excellent target pistol. It is very accurate and a joy to shoot.

As you say, it will make a good addition to your collection.

Best regards.
Make America Great Again

Offline Wetrudgeon

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 07:08:44 AM »
CMA:
Are not the Hogue rubber grips mounted to your 97b actually made and intended for the 75B??  It is our impression from reading other posts that one simply heats up the 75B grips and stretches them onto a 97b.  From viewing your excellent photos, it appears that the difference in the grip size between the 97 and 75 is measurable, but not great.

We have taken delivery on our new (to us) 97b and hope to "test drive" it today.  We anticipate a very pleasurable experience...

We trudge on.

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
Trudge;

Yes the Hogue rubber grips are made specifically for the CZ75B. However, as you can see by the pictures, they fit pretty well on the CZ97B. You just have to heat them up prior to installing them.

Best rgeards.

Make America Great Again