Author Topic: General FIE Tanfoglio TZ-75 Questions  (Read 1834 times)

dan416

General FIE Tanfoglio TZ-75 Questions
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »
Hi, I came into this gun just by chance, maybe I could be steered to locating .41AE ammo, a 9mm barrel and Magazine(s) to make it truly useful. Since there are so many variants I will describe the model as fully as I can:Tanfoglio, Series 88-FIE  "The Ultra" IPSC Approved". The barrel and slide are ported via 4 holes. The blued slide is mated to a matte like silver receiver(the finish is like a Beretta 92 stainless receiver) The barrel length is either 4 13/16" or 5 1/8" depending if the measure is to the face or the end of the loading throat. It has wood grips.Since it is not listed in my issue of the Blue Book could someone give me an idea of fair value, unfired since initial purchase? Has 4 mags in the original plastic case. The closest I could find to this are models listed under E.A.A.C, but they have different names then the FIE models that preceded them. While cleaning it I find that the internals are not finished nicely, but the quality and size of the components are high end. I suspect that it is known as a good quality, durable, long life pistol. Thank you for any help getting started with this CZ clone. Dan

Offline Jcwv

Re: General FIE Tanfoglio TZ-75 Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:43:50 AM »
Hi Dan, I bought one of these new around 15 years ago. Mine came with both the 9MM and 41AE barrels and 2 magazines for each in a fitted case. As I recall I paid around $425.00 for it. Thank goodness it had an adjustable rear sight as mine had to be adjusted all the way to the left to get it to hit center of mass. I never did figure out why it was so far off and that is why I sold it. I would like to see pictures of yours. If possible, send some to "jcwv@att.net". John

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
You're going to have a hard time finding .41AE ammunition or brass.  I probably have the largest cache of both west of the Rockies.  The last time I saw .41AE factory ammunition for sale, it was somewhere around $65.00 for a box of 50.  If someone offered me that much for mine, the UPS man couldn't get here quick enough........

The good news is, you should be able to get a 9mm barrel for it, along with magazines.  Mine uses the older small frame Witness magazines and barrels, so yours should, too.

Hope this helps.

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Offline detroiter

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:26:59 PM »
Dan, I seen some 41ae brass and parts in the general firearms classifieds here on this site. Also reedsammo has the ammo for it, but it is around the price Fred said it was.

dan416

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 12:32:38 AM »
Thank for the info guys. I checked with those who were known to have ammo (with a goggle search and contact) and they are now out. A handful of unused brass is about. EAAC was suppose to have 9mm barrels, but since they did not call back...? I know that any barrel I bought would have to be fitted, it's not difficult but one stroke too many and it becomes worthless. Between that and a change out of mag's and a lighter recoil spring, I think I will trade back for the S&W revolver. I have to assume the last owner was not aware of the potential stumbling blocks to this .41AE ...yes, I have to maintain that belief...LOL. ;D
I tried to post a jpeg of the pistol by clicking on "image" (tool box above) and dragging the file to it. It took up the whole screen, a warning note came up and when I backed up, this message was gone.. Started all over. Once I find out how to bring over an image I'll try again.
John, I will send you an Email with an attachment.
Good Evening-Dan