Author Topic: CZ100 manual and question on trigger guard  (Read 3801 times)

Offline loosenuts

• Old Beat-up Wrench!
CZ100 manual and question on trigger guard
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »
HI everybody!@

I just received a CZ100 in trade and am very happy with it after a couple hundred rounds. The previous owner had done some of his own trigger work, which follows the guide here pretty much. He did do a nice job on it and don't think I could improve it.
  I looked around here and may have missed it, but where can I get a manual for this, or at least download one so I can understand a little more about trigger operation when they refer to item #s in the helpful hints.
  Also, has anyone tried to trim the trigger guard on these? I'm terribly sorry if I have offended any purists here, but my reasoning is simple: Most of my pistols are set up with a finger hold on front of TG. (Glock 17, S&W 469, etc.) When I try the same hold, my finger just slides off. I though of serating (sp) the front and a LIGHT trim. I know it won't be the same as my others, but I like to get a close-to-same hold for a carry gun. The other problem I'm sure you all know is holster fit. Some of my holsters I already have would fit better, if this was trimmed somewhat. I am an amateur gunsmith and have a full machine shop to do the work, so any mods will be done on a near journeyman level. I might even play with the rail to bring to standard specs.
  I do like this gun allot the way it is. I can't believe the accuracy I have with this thing, and I'm sure I will carry it often and is much lighter than my Sig P6.

Thanks in advance and go ahead and blast away if it'll help your sanity, LOL, I'm a big boy ;D
Fight Crime Shoot Back!
USAF Crewchief C-141A Starlifter '75-'79
God is my Pilot
'70 W-31 Olds Cutlass

Offline Old Coastie

Re: CZ100 manual and question on trigger guard
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »
Ok, let's begin in the beginning. WELCOME to the asylum.

Click HERE for a CZ100 manual. Once it is downloaded just save it. As you will see it is from the CZ-USA website.

I have wondered about doing what you are considering, but decided, for many reasons, to leave well enough alone. One of the reasons I decided against it was because of holsters. Most holsters grip the trigger guard as a main point of retention. If it is altered and possible/probably weakened, it may compromise the useful life of the pistol. As they are designed, the 100's are built like tanks. I want to keep mine as rugged as it was designed, as I carry it regularly. Another reason is that I never really warmed up to placing my offhand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. Just never seemed to work for me.

As holsters go, I recommend a holster made for the CZ100. The best I have found are made by Haugen Handgun Leather. They're holsters are top of the line and they are really nice people to work with. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive either.

Of course, all the above is just one man's opinion. Again welcome.

Good shooting.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

Offline loosenuts

• Old Beat-up Wrench!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »

Thanks for the download, Old Coastie, that's just what I was looking for. Also HHL has some beautiful stuff there, and the price is fairly reasonable for what your getting.
  I'll leave the TG alone for now, since I have the milling machine set up for an AK47 project that I can't find the time to finish, LOL.
  I'm sure it'll grow on me like any new model vehicle that comes out.
  My CZ is a '97 and has a low-profile adjustable rear sight. I'm not sure if it's factory, but it IS quite nice.
  Right now, I'm using an Uncle Mikes Sidekick No. 5 IWB I had and is very comfortable to carry around town. Once the weather breaks herein Pa., I'll get some more practice on the doubletap, work on my two-hand grip and see how she does. I really love the ergonomics of the pistol and will be very suitable for it's 'job'.
  Thanks again for the help.
Fight Crime Shoot Back!
USAF Crewchief C-141A Starlifter '75-'79
God is my Pilot
'70 W-31 Olds Cutlass

Offline Old Coastie

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
The rear sight you have is just like everyone's rear sight. CZ had to put the adjustable rear sights on in order to get enough points to allow importation of the pistol. At one time CZ-USA had fixed rear sights for the CZ100's. You have to tell them if your pistol has the large or small rear sight dovetail. The small dovetail is about the width of two of the indentations under the dovetail and the large one is about three of them. I got a couple of them several years ago. Maybe they still have some in stock.

Congratulations on your purchase. I also find my CZ100's to be the most natural pointing pistols I have ever handled.

Good shooting.
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!