Author Topic: Switch from decocker to manual safety on P-01/06  (Read 1737 times)

Offline CM Rich

Switch from decocker to manual safety on P-01/06
« on: February 22, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
So, since the prospect of a manual safety P-01 seems perfect, but CZ has yet to reveal any desire to produce such a gun, I've been wondering about what it would take to convert one of these guns.

I naturally assume you'll need the safety lever, a hammer, and the sear cage and small parts for the job. I've never had the chance to play with a decocker's internals, so I don't know how different they are. Aside from what I've mentioned, what else would I need?

My main concern would be if a decocker gun's frame had all the holes drilled for a manual safety's plunger. It'd be no small task to drill that small hole in that tiny little position if its not there already. Somehow, I doubt this provision would be there on a P-01 or 06, but it might be there on a Tactical SP-01, which would mean you might be able to end up with a 40 cal SP-01 with a manual safety, with matching numbers no less.

*Sigh*. This'd all be so much easier if CZ simply produced these guns with manual safeties from the factory.

Offline drew5337

Re: Switch from decocker to manual safety on P-01/06
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:33:29 AM »
I've asked Mike Eagleshield about this.  According to him, the parts will all go into the frame.  Its just a matter, as he puts it, of jacking the gun up, and rolling a new gun in underneath it.  He couldn't quote a price on the conversion because we weren't talking in formal capacity (hell, it was at a cigar party), and he didn't have the numbers in front of him, but he confirmed that it could be done, that he himself had done it.  I get the impression that the easiest and cheapest way to go about this would be to find a good deal on a beat to hell 75B, and switch the parts out.  Then you'd have your manual safety P01, and a decocker 75B that you could either sell or keep as a pack gun, car gun, whatever.

With the P07 coming out I see it as being less and less of a practical idea though.

Offline ck1

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 12:37:11 AM »
I know, holy thread resurection Batman.

Anyone else have any news/luck on doing this? Pics maybe?

Anyone been able to possibly get a P-01 with a safety instead of a decocker through special order via CZ or CZ Custom's?

Really like my SP-01 and would like to get a smaller/lighter P-01 for carry except I want the same grip-index (thumb on top of the safety) and the ability to go cocked and locked. Not interested in the P-07 or any of the others.

Really appreciate any info and thanks in advance.

Offline retteryer

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »
Yoy will need sear cage(ejector)$69,to short pins $2 each that connect main spring strut and disconnector to new non decocker hammer $35 ,preB or B sear depends if you remove FPB or not $9.Another part is trigger bar$69,you can make decocker bar work if you have skills dremell and a flat mini file or just leave old disconnector there.There is no way to make safety work,exept for cosmetical purposes.Don forget cut out both hooks on decocker bar,and find the way to keep it in its normal position so it will look wright on outside,wich I still trying to figure out how ;D
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Zastava M70A 9mm,Russian Nagant Revolver (1935 YOM),Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

anything