Author Topic: New in CZforum, any loads fos 243win with 3031 & 100gr sierra sbt?  (Read 768 times)

Offline Juan J

I ot 2 brand neew CZ?s last December 2006, one is a .22lr 513 Farmer and the other a .308 win 550 lux.
I am 43 years now and since a kid allways liked to hunt and shoot at the range with friends, my father didn?t enjoy this sport but gave me the chance to participate. I often got impressed of the accuracy of BRNO 22LR rifles so now that I had the chance to get new guns for miself, I decided to go for CZ.

Here in M?xico you have to aply at the military for a gun purchase permit in order to legally buy a gun, so once you get the permit you have to go to their shop, in Mexico city, and buy the one you can from the models they have in stock at the day you visit them. So my only option for a 22lr was the 513 and in 308 I decided for the 550.

The 513 came with a very akward trigger so I got a custom made triger for it an I?m so pleased whit the gun; you can shoot as many rounds as you can and is always precise. At 75m makes 1cm groups. My kids love it and my daugther M?nica with 11 years at that time, got 1st place in a girl?s shooting  tournament.This rifle?s scope is a Nikon buckmasters 6-18 x 42 fine dot.

As for the 308 it shoots groups of 2.3cm at 200 m, consistently with imr3031 and sierra 150grsbt.It has a Nikon buckmasters 6-14 x 40 bdc on top.

My son also loves hunting so he got his first real gun last september 2008; it?s a 550 american 243, I really liked the changes CZ made in the gun, the hand grip is better, the floating barrel is great, the wood engraving is better and much nicer, the set trigger is great and the recoil guard is not open at the sides, so it won?t let dirt in. This one got a Nikon prostaff 3-9 x 40 nikoplex. The kids my wife and myself have already hunted javelina with it last season, it shoots great.

As soon as posible I will post pictures of our hunts.

As you see we are all very hapy with our CZ?s.

Congratulations CZ.