Author Topic: Gun cherry popped in Texas  (Read 1340 times)

Offline PTGT_Neon

• Efficient Mileage
Gun cherry popped in Texas
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:19:54 AM »
Thats right!  I just bought my first firearm this weekend, a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom and fired my first shots with it.  It's a beautiful gun that's comfortable to hold.  I like the low weight and high accuracy.  I'm making the typical first time shooter mistakes at the range.  I guess that means I'll need to practice a lot!

I'm a car fanatic that enjoys learning and teaching on car forums.  So I get to go from being an experienced veteran to total noob here. 

I'm in Austin, TX

Offline The Rifleman

Re: Gun cherry popped in Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:36:23 AM »
Welcome to manhood...I mean gunhood and welcome to the forum.  I lost mine awfully young around 6 years old ;D.  I wouldn't change my childhood for anything.  I wish more people were like you and try a firearm.  Maybe our freedoms wouldn't constantly be attacked.
The Rifleman
NRA Life Member

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
-George Washington

Offline fatexfed2

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 08:58:32 AM »
I was even younger than the rifleman! Welcome to the brotherhood. The only problem is it grows on you, and you want more! Be Safe!

Offline PTGT_Neon

• Efficient Mileage
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »
I have enough expensive hobbies as it is! 

Yeah, its growing on me.  Just like the mod bug for performance parts.

Offline Speed_Racer

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 02:27:58 PM »
Hey there Austin. Be careful, this gun thing seems very addictive, just like the carophile world (I'm a sufferer of car addiction too). Just wait til you find out about the modifications you can do to each gun to make it look, and perform, better. It's a slippery slope my friend, but it's a lot of fun. I will say I have more fun driving fast than shooting, but it's a different experience. Let me know how you like that SP-01, and how it compares to anything else you may have (or will) shoot. It's at the top of my purchase list currently.
Trying to buy less and practice more.

Offline PTGT_Neon

• Efficient Mileage
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »
Alright Speed Racer, How does one hot rod a SP-01 Phantom?

Offline Embfixer

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »
Guns, like cars have so much after market stuff to make the preform/look/feel better. Go to a site like http://czcustom.com and look around, then come back here and ask the fine folks here where to begin. Enjoy.

Offline Speed_Racer

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 05:23:50 PM »
Guns, like cars have so much after market stuff to make the preform/look/feel better. Go to a site like http://czcustom.com and look around, then come back here and ask the fine folks here where to begin. Enjoy.

This is what I meant PTGT. You can put on grips, a new barrel, polish the sear, lighter trigger, make it a competition gun if you want, bigger mags, etc. etc. You can make it anything you want, with any goal you want.
Trying to buy less and practice more.

anything