Author Topic: Are Magnum Research Baby Eagle Magazines Compatible with CZ 75B?  (Read 15916 times)

Offline zemscz75

Does anyone know if the Magnum Research Baby Eagle 9mm 15-rnd Magazines  (http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=MAG915) will fit in a CZ 75B 9mm?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:52:22 AM by zemscz75 »

Offline zemscz75

Re: Are Magnum Research Baby Eagle Magazines Compatible with CZ 75B?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 09:48:27 AM »
I'll reply to myself. I just ordered 2 Baby Eagle 15-round 9mm steel based mags. I'll report back how they fit and how they function in my CZ 75B. If they don't, I'll just sell them on some forum :)

Offline Stuart

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »
curious too..thanks for doing the research

Offline Jokers45

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 12:57:25 PM »
Buying factory mags for the Baby Eagle might be a waste of money. I have a 9mm CZ75B and had a full size 9mm Baby Eagle and the factory CZ mags which are Mec-Gar and my other aftermarket Mec-Gar hi-caps fit and functioned perfectly in the BE and the Mec-Gars are only about $20 each. The BE only came with one factory ten rounder so I never tried it in the CZ.

Just to finish the story....I also have a 40 caliber CZ75B and I sold the 9mm BE and bought a 40 caliber BE. The factory ten rounders and aftermarket Mec-Gar hi-caps for the CZ are a tiny bit shorter than BE factory and the BE jams about half the time with the CZ mags. I bought some of the factory 13 rounders for the BE and they function perfectly in the CZ.

Offline zemscz75

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »
Buying factory mags for the Baby Eagle might be a waste of money. I have a 9mm CZ75B and had a full size 9mm Baby Eagle and the factory CZ mags which are Mec-Gar and my other aftermarket Mec-Gar hi-caps fit and functioned perfectly in the BE and the Mec-Gars are only about $20 each.

I'd love to be able to pick up 15 round Mec-Gars as well however, the problem here is that I live in the lovely state of NJ where there is a 15 round cap on mags. I've only seen Mec-Gar 10 and 16 round mags. The best I could find were the BE factory mags, which are 15 rounds.

Offline smallshot13

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »
Try living in CA where only 10 round mags are allowed, and no one sells them, not even Mec-Gar, based on my latest visit to their web site.  yes, I know I can buy factory 10's for $40 a piece, if and when they actually had them in stock.  :'(

Offline pistolbro206

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 06:37:47 PM »
A friend I shoot USPSA with and has a Shadow claims, and showed me, that the BE mags work in his Shadow and mentioned that they were considerably less expensive than the standard SP-01 Shadow magazines.

Offline zemscz75

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 09:31:32 AM »
Are the SP-01 Shadow mags different than standard CZ 75B mags? I thought they were the same. The BE mags were a bit less expensive. The CZ Custom shop has the 16-rnd and 10-rnd factory mags for $37. The 15-rnd BE mags were $35 a piece.

Offline mikebaker1129

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 09:58:28 AM »
I would think that you should have no trouble locating 10 rd. mags .
Even folks like myself that do not live in a ban state should be willing to sell the 10 rd factory mags at a reasonable price.
I will admit paying $40 for a 10 rd mag is a tough pill to swallow .

Offline sig2009

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
I would think that you should have no trouble locating 10 rd. mags .
Even folks like myself that do not live in a ban state should be willing to sell the 10 rd factory mags at a reasonable price.
I will admit paying $40 for a 10 rd mag is a tough pill to swallow .

Not as easy as you think even for the 10 round factory. They are no longer listed on the cz website!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since Criminals will always have guns, there’s no reasonable expectation of self-defense if law-abiding citizens don’t have them, too.

Offline mikebaker1129

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 09:50:21 AM »
I have a used factory mag that came with my pistol when I bought it.
Send a email if interested ?
mikebaker1129@aol.com

Offline smallshot13

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »
Mikebaker:

PM sent on factory mag, 10 round, 9mm.

Offline zemscz75

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 02:04:08 PM »
I received my 15 rnd Baby Eagle mags from Magnum Research. First of all, the shipping was great! I ordered them 5 days ago (3 business days) and have already received them. Great to deal with these folks!

I'm pleased to say that so far I'm happy with my purchase. I took the mags out of their packaging and they fit perfectly into my CZ 75B. I ordered the steel based mags so there's a small gap vs the way that my factory polymer based mags look. Magnum Research also offers a polymer based 15 rnd mag so maybe this one has a better fit. But the gap doesn't bother me. 

I haven't yet taken the mags to the range. However, I have cycled a magazine full of snapcaps and it fed and extracted everything flawlessly. The slide also locks back on an empty BE mag, as expected. So far so good.  I'll be going to the range soon so I'll be sure to post a range report.

Here are some pics:

CZ 75B w/ CZ factory 10 round mag

CZ 75B w/ Magnum Research Baby Eagle 15 round mag (note the small gap)

CZ 75B slide locked back on BE mag

Both mags (BE on top, CZ on the bottom)

Offline NJ Czslinger

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 05:15:55 PM »
Def let us know how everythig works out at the range, bc I'm in the market too bc I live in NJ, thanks for being the guinea pig
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest"   Gandhi

Offline mikebaker1129

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »
Somewhat related to this thread is that I purchased a couple of the mags sold by CDNN several years back that fit the Baby Eagle/TZ75/ Springfield P9/Excam/Uzi Eagle. Not knowing that they were not supposed to fit a CZ75B.
Well a few months back and since I had had these mags for years ,I deceided to try one out.
It worked and it worked well ! It held the slid back and everything .
Now my mag was a 16 rd mag and I know that does nothing for the fellas in NJ, but I have to say that the BE 15rd mag should work in your CZ75B.
On another note I have 2 15rd mags that I am trying to figure out who made quality high caps in the CZ75 line that used stepped floor plates ?