Author Topic: CZ Newbie from UT  (Read 1250 times)

Offline rccooley

CZ Newbie from UT
« on: May 09, 2009, 08:27:39 PM »
Been lurking the forum for about a month now and about 2 weeks ago I put in an order of a P-01.? I am new to CZ, hadn't heard much about them until about a month or so ago, but I am not new to shooting or firearms.? I just got my CCW and my S&W K-38 Master Piece M-14 Revolver isn't very easy to conceal with the 8-3/8" barrel so I started looking around and the Glocks and XDs that everyone I know is so fond of but never really liked to boxy feel.? Long story short I 75 compact and a local shop and fell in love with the feel, started researching and found the P-01, within a week I ordered it.? It still hasn't arrived but they told me it would be about 2 weeks, so I am hoping any day now.

This forum is excellent!? I can't wait to get a little experience with my not yet received new CZ so I can contribute the the forum that has given me so much information.

Any other members from Utah on here? I'd like to talk to some locals that have some experience with these seemingly (sorry, don't have any real experience with them yet so I can't make a real judgment) excellent firearms.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 08:30:26 PM by rccooley »
-Rob
CZ P-01
Dan Wesson PM7-10
S&W K-38 Master Piece M-14 Revolver

Offline dusty10

Re: CZ Newbie from UT
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »
Welcome to the CZ forum from Texas.  You're going to really like that P-01. If you've been lurking awhile, then you already know that CZ's need other CZ'S to keep them company.  What else you got your eye on?   8)   Dusty
"When people are universally ignorant and debauched in their manners, they will sink under their own weight without the aid of foreign invaders."   Samuel Adams

Offline rccooley

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »
I've kind of had my eye on the SP-01 Phantom as well, but i went with the P-01 because I'm a rather slim guy and a full size just didn't seem like it would be too easy to conceal.  It'll be a little while till I can get another, my wife is limiting me to 1 new handgun per year.
-Rob
CZ P-01
Dan Wesson PM7-10

Offline pitbull

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 11:36:42 PM »
The P-01 is a good choice for a CCW. I think you'll really like it. The SP-01 is also a good choice but not the type of gun you can easily conceal. Welcome to the forum.

Good shooting.

Offline dusty10

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 04:00:50 AM »
I've kind of had my eye on the SP-01 Phantom as well, but i went with the P-01 because I'm a rather slim guy and a full size just didn't seem like it would be too easy to conceal.  It'll be a little while till I can get another, my wife is limiting me to 1 new handgun per year.

Try to get her interested in shooting and those kind of rules will disappear.  ;D
"When people are universally ignorant and debauched in their manners, they will sink under their own weight without the aid of foreign invaders."   Samuel Adams

Offline rccooley

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 05:49:19 PM »
Been trying since since we met 4-1/2 years ago.  She has one gun that she likes to shoot and she will maybe go once every couple of months.  Even then she is ready to leave within about 30 min.  I have just given up on shooting with her.
-Rob
CZ P-01
Dan Wesson PM7-10

Offline badge38

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »
 rccooley, you will love your P-01.  It's probably the best pistol I've ever owned.   And, yes.... most females don't care that much for shooting.  I guess I'm kind of lucky though.  My wife is a reserve police officer,  so she has no choice !  :D  She enjoys shooting her XD 40.... but I'll stick with CZ's.
Sig Sauer 225, Equinox 220
Ed Brown  Massad Ayoob 1911
S&W M&P 9c, 642 Airweight

anything