Author Topic: too big for my hand ?  (Read 4665 times)

Offline etch

too big for my hand ?
« on: June 20, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »
hi , new to this forum and as i am about to get a 97b i was wondering about the grip size . i have read many discussions about how the trigger pull is too long and its difficult to reach etc etc . i had my trigger finger cut in two several years ago . it was sewn back on but now i cannot bend the top part . i have big hands but with this problem and the pain that goes with it affects all my shooting .this is the reason i am changing from the 1911 to the 97 . i have a 75b and can manage the pull on that and i am hoping that the 97 will be likewise .
sorry to be so gruesome but this is important to my shooting and i was thinking that if i use thinner grips , that will ease my problem . any ideas ?

Jack Straw

Re: too big for my hand ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »
Two ideas;  you can try the thinnest grips which are the CZ Custom Shop aluminum items and, perhaps more to the point of trigger reach, the 97 can be equipped with the "recurve" trigger or converted to single action and fit with the s.a. trigger.

Offline PHKsCZ

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:39:49 PM »
Have you thought about modifying your grip and using your middle finger for the trigger? I don't shoot that way but find that its works well when I did try it.

In my opinion, I don't think the trigger pull on the 97B is any longer than my P01 in DA. In SA, the pull seems shorter than the P01 to me. I've never shot a 75B so I can't compare to it directly but my understanding is that the P01 and 75B should have the same trigger action. However, I'm not a well seasoned shooter so my feel for the trigger is not as sensitive as your's may be.

Good luck!

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »
In my opinion if you have trouble with the 1911 the 97B is not going to be easier on your finger and perhaps even worse.  The grip is deffinately longer and thicker than any of my 1911's and the trigger certainly is not as nice.  I own a 97B, and while it is a fine gun, with many attributes I am not sure it will serve you well given your described finger problem.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline etch

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 08:32:06 AM »
w e l l ..., i swapped and got myself a used 3 year old 97b . barrel has seen some shooting but i just had a piece of cocobolo with a blonde streak running thru . with a hacksaw , file , sandpaper and a penknife , i made myself a set of grips . i kept the thickness down to a minimum (about 1/16 inch) . it took about 3 hours but i have a pair of grips that allow me to reach the trigger , look good and do feel good . i still have to fit the locator pads on the inside and will probably post pics ( if i can work that out ) . i also have a 75b which causes me problems reaching the trigger so i shall sit down and make a set of grips for that .
thanks for the replies .

Offline CSM CZ Shooter

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:55:46 AM »
Glad it worked out...I love my 97, I'm sure you will, too. Can't wait to see the Pics. Jack Straw's SA suggstion is still an option if the reach is still a little long or pull weight is too much for your finger.

CSM, USA (RET)
CZ 75 Pre-B, PCR, SP-01 Shadow, P-06, CZ 97

Offline etch

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 05:10:44 PM »
pics as promised .

Offline etch

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »
it seems i can only do one pic at a time .

Offline etch

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 05:15:24 PM »
third and last .

Offline etch

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 05:20:16 PM »
i tried to download the photos but the error message kept saying they were too large . i went back and reduced their size but the error message said three pics were too large so i put them on one at a time and as you can see they are too small to see properly . if anyone can tell me what i am doing wrong i would appreciate their input .

Offline pitbull

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
etch, you did a great job on the grips. The pictures get larger when you click on them.

Offline CSM CZ Shooter

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »
Very Nice Job. I like the two-tone color.
CSM, USA (RET)
CZ 75 Pre-B, PCR, SP-01 Shadow, P-06, CZ 97

Offline etch

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »
went shooting this am and tried out the 97b . it is so smooth and fits my hand now very well . it shoots so well that i am afraid that i am going to run out of ammo and cash , man i went through a couple of hundred rounds before i even knew it . great gun . i also tried my cz75b which i had fitted adjustable sights to and , man at 25 yards , once i had shot it in it was incredible . so , my next purchase will be to get adjustable sights for the 97 .
which brings up a question , i read all over this forum about guys about to place orders for triggers , pins , springs barrels etc , etc , but when i try to find a business that sells parts for the 97 , i come up with zilch . i know there are many that sell grips , holsters etc , but when it comes down to the nitty gritty bits i come up empty .
you guys out there must know where these places are . help .

Jack Straw

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 02:19:04 PM »
etch,

Go to CZ Custom Shop  http://czcustom.com/

They have all the cool parts. ;D ;D ;D

Offline badge38

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »
 Slowdown etch ........ you will cuase another ammo shortage !
Sig Sauer 225, Equinox 220
Ed Brown  Massad Ayoob 1911
S&W M&P 9c, 642 Airweight

anything