Author Topic: Rami 40 slide on a Rami BD 9mm frame  (Read 2376 times)

Offline MJZZZ

Rami 40 slide on a Rami BD 9mm frame
« on: June 29, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »
I own an 08 Rami BD in 9mm and I'm looking at an 03 or 04 Rami in .40. I have not had the two guns side by side to compare slides, but am wanting to see if the 40 slide would function on the Rami BD frame. That would be slick to have a 40 BD. I'm sure someone has thought of this before, but has anyone tried this before?  Mike
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

ClarkstonCZ

Re: Rami 40 slide on a Rami BD 9mm frame
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 06:53:01 PM »
It would be interesting. I'm not sure the ejector of the 9mm would be ok for the .40 but you never know.

I was talking with CZ-USA the other day.

told them that IF something could be done with a CZ, THIS is the place to see or hear about it first.

You guys are always keeping things fresh, that's for sure!

Offline czstevesr

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »
Hi there MJZZZ I also own the 08 Rami BD sweet gun!!!
That's a cool idea you have,the Rami .40 BD NICE.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:45:34 PM »
Hi ! i just joined and have two 9MM Rami . I bought the other for my son but he dies not like it. I love mine and has no prpblems wirh it. I am thinking of trading the other for a 40 SW caliber. How is the kick on a .40 caliber?

ClarkstonCZ

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »
A .357 SIG BD would be cool, too!

Offline MJZZZ

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »
Mike at CZ-USA told me today that even though it would fit and might even work, they could not recommend the swap. I don't think I'm going to try it right off the bat, unless I get a wild hair while I'm at the range. First I'll test it for fit, then manual cycling, then if it ejects reliably I might give it a shot or two.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »
dannyvi you asked about RAMI .40 S&W recoil...well it is stout, but very controlable (at least for me anyway).  I am no too recoil sensitive, but with a good two-handed stance (Weaver or Isoceles) it isn't bad at all.

Otto

Offline MJZZZ

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 08:09:16 AM »
Well, the .40 slide fits on the 9 BD frame and the decocker functions as normal. The slide also locks back with the empty mag inserted. It sure looks like a winner, only one more test.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:11:42 AM by MJZZZ »

Offline cz2075bd

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »
Gotten up the nerve to do the final test yet? Inquiring minds want to know the results!

Offline MJZZZ

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »
No, I haven't had the chance to play around with the .40 Rami. All my shooting time is devoted to breaking in my new PCR. I'll give it a try soon.   Mike

anything