Author Topic: p-01 as a concealed carry  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Mort

Re: p-01 as a concealed carry
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »
I thought I would let you all know that I have bought the P01.  When i made the original post, for some reason I was thinking it was alot larger than it is.  I think it is because i was fondling the itty bitty guns with it as well.  I am using a paddle holster for a sig 228 now luckly it fits.  Though its kinda hard to snap the retention strap.  It stinks for concealed carry but at least I have a holster when it gets cooler.  I thought I was sure about the supertuck, but after looking around I have found others and am looking at them too.  I dont have money coming out my ears so i want to make sure I get the right one the first time. 

Offline nosaj750

• IIAoA
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 11:34:35 PM »
If you want to get it right the first time, then go with the Supertuck. I've tried the Smartcarry, Split Decision by Highnoon, and a Uncle Mikes. They all sit in my closet and the only one that gets used is the Supertuck. I'm typing this with it on. It stays on from the minute I crawl out of bed until the minute I go back to bed. I wear it to work tucked in shirt, then shorts with a t-shirt after that for the rest of the day. Trust us that have it, you won't be disappointed. If you are, then I believe they'll refund you the purchase price, if I'm not mistaken but, don't quote me on that. Check out the return policy on their site, they stand behind their product.
CZ P01
CZ 75 Compact
CZ 85 Combat Satin Nickel
Stag Model 7 6.8spc
Alexander Arms 17hmr
Savage 17hmr

Offline mncarpenter

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 08:02:01 AM »
If you want to get it right the first time, then go with the Supertuck. I've tried the Smartcarry, Split Decision by Highnoon, and a Uncle Mikes. They all sit in my closet and the only one that gets used is the Supertuck. I'm typing this with it on. It stays on from the minute I crawl out of bed until the minute I go back to bed. I wear it to work tucked in shirt, then shorts with a t-shirt after that for the rest of the day. Trust us that have it, you won't be disappointed. If you are, then I believe they'll refund you the purchase price, if I'm not mistaken but, don't quote me on that. Check out the return policy on their site, they stand behind their product.
+1 on the Supertuck-carry a Cougar in mine and it dissapears, wife doesn't even know I'm carrying unless I tell her, need to get on for the P01 and my PCR

Offline vel525

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 02:39:25 PM »
Wow, you guys are all big.  ;D or maybe I'm just really small.  :P
I'm about 5'6" and 130lb and I easily carry my P01 with no worries.
I carry in a IWB Comp-tac gerkha holster and use the mags w/o rubber base pads as the rubber ones tend to catch my shirt when I bend over.  I did try to Crossbreed supertuck, and although it really was confortable, it was too much "stuff" to put into my pants.  If you look the supertuck has a lot of material to spread the weight of the gun and this helps the comfort factor, but was too big for me.  I did notice they have some smaller versions now that may work better.

I've worn my P01 with jeans, shorts, and usually polo shirt or tshirt.   

Offline jwhendy

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 03:01:43 PM »
'm about 5'6" and 130lb and I easily carry my P01 with no worries.

That's great to know! I'm 5' 8" and 150lbs so carrying made me a bit nervous! I've also heard great things about the supertuck but in looking at it have also thought it looked pretty gigantic so I'll keep your comments in mind!

Best regards,
John

Offline Phineas

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 06:41:29 PM »
FWIW....After years of carrying a Govt. model SA M1911a1 concealed, my little P-01 is a treat. (forgive me JMB)  I can carry it either open or concealed at work.  Laugh if you must, but I tether it with a Blackhawk pistol leash 'cuz to be honest, this gun's so light I have actually panicked once or twice when I didn't feel the weight I was used to on my side and thought I'd lost the bleep thing.

I'm not "sculpted" correctly to do the IWB-thing, so that's not an option for holster style.  I'm convinced Blackhawk's gonna pull their heads out soon and put out a level-II Serpa for the P-01, so I'm holding out for that.  Me, the leash and the "Israeli plastic" are getting along just fine until then. (yes Virginia, I'll lose the leash with the Serpa)

With a light shirt worn out over the pants, I'm finding there's a real risk of the grips, and ESPECIALLY the rubber mag bases grabbing the shirt and flashing someone.  If the plastic base pads for the Beretta actually fit, I'm going that way and it looks as if there's a few folks that turn out some really nice wood grips.

As for "printing"....I was helping out at a Friends of the NRA banquet last year (shhhh, not an NRA member).  Several Sheriff's Deputies were present, along with some explorers from the SO.  As I moved around the banquet hall carrying auction items etc., I noticed one Deputy watching me closely.  He eventually came up to me and said "I noticed there's something on your side under your shirt."  I replied, "Yep, it's my colostomy bag...wanna see?"  He said "really?" and when I smiled he just walked back to where he had been standing.  I'd read that line in a gun magazine years ago and wondered how it'd work on someone.  (not sure what I'd have done if he called my bluff...then again, what the hell was he asking that question for AT AN NRA EVENT?!?!?!?)

ah yes....the "new breed" of LEO..."gun bad, citizen bad, Government goood."

anywho...end of early-onset-senility ramble
Uh, don't sit there...it's wet....I'm sorry.

ClarkstonCZ

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 09:19:33 PM »
Amen on the Hornady FTX.

I'm just back to carrying a P-01, will be doing so for fall/winter when my new holster arrives soon.

Before that I carried I a HBE holster, quite some years ago that is.

That same holster does daily duty with a P-01 in AZ.

Fitting both the PCR and the P-01.
The High Noon under armor shoulder holster rig works well for now.
Best $79 you will ever spend on a holster I think.

Offline higgite

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 09:50:09 PM »
If the plastic base pads for the Beretta actually fit, I'm going that way and it looks as if there's a few folks that turn out some really nice wood grips.

I have Beretta plastic bases off of Cougar magazines on two P-01 magazines. They're so close to a perfect fit that it's a non-issue.

I'm going to steal your colostomy bag line, but if I get called on it, I'm gonna blame you.

snw_cz-fan

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 12:15:07 AM »
im also carrying my p-01 in a supertuck holster, and its worked fine for me so far. im 5'6", 180lbs so im a little heavy around the midsection, and its kinda tough to find a good shirt in the summer that hides the grip completely, when im tryn to dress light,  but thats not the fault of the holster. i just dont have the figure i had in highschool. my fiance ate alot throughout her pregnancy last year, and i ate when she ate, and soon after my son was born, i decided to quit smokin, but my appetite went through the roof, so iv put on a good 30 pounds in the last year. anywho since im in fargo, ND, we tend to wear heavy clothes 9 months out of the year, so no worrys. just during the summer my p-01 is a little big. i may look into a khar pm9 or a cz rami for next summer, but ill be carrying the p-01 happily with confidense for most of the year, and i must say its an excellent holster. cant go wrong with the supertuck. i was looking into an owb holster also from crossbreed. if anyone has had any experiences with them please let me know. i need a quality belt also, as the one im using now is a walmart belt, not meant for holding a weapon alll day long. anyway goodluck all
 scott

Offline nosaj750

• IIAoA
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 08:52:20 AM »
I used a regular leather belt when I first started carrying and thought it would work out fine. Until, I purchased Crossbreeds gun belt, do yourself a favor if you want something of quality that supports the weight of the P-1 purchase their gun belt. It makes a huge difference in the comfort of the holster as well. When I wore a regular belt I was always having to adjust the holster and move it to where it was most comfortable. Their gun belt eliminates any movement at all and stays put. It's well worth the $ but, I'll warn you. If you use the guidelines of measuring on Crossbreeds site add an extra inch to the belt. Mine came a little short but, it works.
CZ P01
CZ 75 Compact
CZ 85 Combat Satin Nickel
Stag Model 7 6.8spc
Alexander Arms 17hmr
Savage 17hmr

snw_cz-fan

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:07 AM »
thank you nosja750, ill add an inch to the belt when i order it. yeah the belt im using now works but isnt meant for carry. kinda drags my pants down a lil. anyway im still happy with the supertuck!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 01:16:23 AM »
Ah, the rubber grip issue - I cheated. I used Hakan Pek wood for years, then switched to Crimson Trace. Sturdy plastic, no gripping issues, no shirt snag, and I like having that laser there.

Offline badge38

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 08:32:36 AM »
 Ok ....... all you rubber haters.....  :P ...  I carry my P-01 IWB, but so far haven't had any issues with drawing the weapon.  But,  I'm never in that extreme of a situation where an extremly fast draw is required, so I have to stick-up for the little rubber grips !     :D  (Although I like aluminum)
Sig Sauer 225, Equinox 220
Ed Brown  Massad Ayoob 1911
S&W M&P 9c, 642 Airweight