Author Topic: Could use some advice on which CZ Shadow or Custom to Buy this week  (Read 5327 times)

Offline x0225095

Re: Could use some advice on which CZ Shadow or Custom to Buy this week
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 12:19:37 PM »
Ditto on finding this thread.  I, too, am considering the Shadow but was thinking the Shadow already had the CZ Competition hammer.

Offline Artist

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 03:22:41 PM »
Ditto on finding this thread.  I, too, am considering the Shadow but was thinking the Shadow already had the CZ Competition hammer.

No, the Shadow does have the Competition rear sight and the 85 Combat trigger standard but the Competition Hammer is an option (and well worth the price). Now if you go with the CZ Shadow "Custom" version you do get the Comp Hammer and a lot more to boot. It depends on what you want out of your pistol. The stock Shadow is awesome but if you want it to "be all at can be" you can always spend a little more, you have that option.
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, strong enough for a man, but she likes it too!

Offline x0225095

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 11:27:59 PM »
Thanks Artist.  My first CZ is a P-01.  I love it off the shelf but am considering sending it in for the hammer / trigger job.  Now I am looking at the SP-01 as well and appreciate your clarification.

X-

Offline Artist

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:36 AM »
Not at problem at all, glad I could help out. The P-01 is my next must have, I finally got to hold one over at the local Cabellas and it is a perfect fit. Great choice for a first CZ, congrats. I was thinking of having the Comp Hammer/trigger job done on a P-01 but I'm not sure what that would do to the soon to be "legendary" reliability of the P-01. If you are leaning towards the Shadow I can recommend it 110%. I can also recommend getting the custom Shadow, worth every cent in my mind.

I was lucky; I bought mine shortly after they became available and before they were even listed in the "custom gun" list on the CZCustom site. Subsequently my Shadow is exactly the same as the current "Custom Shadow" with the exception of the aluminum grips and stainless steel guide rod on the current custom job... but I only paid 960.00 for my Shadow with all modifications. As you can see my Shadow has already been an excellent investment although I will NEVER sell this pistol... ever! My daughter already knows that the Shadow will be passed down to her one day, and that she must pass it down to one of her own children some day, it is already a family heirloom. The only modification I've personally made to my Shadow is the addition of the DPM guide rod which I keep in the gun for casual range shooting and home defense and a Streamlight TLR-2 Tactical Light/Laser Sight.
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, strong enough for a man, but she likes it too!

Offline mustang400

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »
Shadow Custom now has gone through its first 500 rds. Put 225 rds through Sat. of 147 gr and +p. No issues!!!!!

My Kimbers come home tommorrow with new trigger jobs. The big shoot out is this coming Sat. 1911's with trigger jobs against Shadow Custom w/SAO trigger. CAN'T WAIT TILL SAT.

Offline OldGreg

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 12:51:57 AM »
Thanks for starting this thread hakr, i've been wanting to ask the exact question.

A couple of weeks ago I got to borrow a friends 'regular' Shadow, and fell in total love with it. A Shadow of some sort will be my next purchase...  ;D
P-07
SP-01 Phantom
97B

anything