Author Topic: My CZ52 mods + pic  (Read 7010 times)

Offline cz52luvr

My CZ52 mods + pic
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:08:30 AM »
Here is a list of all the mods I have done to my CZ52 and a pic of it.  I posted this all in the new members folder, but here it is again for the people who don't read that folder, and who come here for the CZ52 related stuff:

Things I have done to it include:

--Harrington hardened competition firing pin
--Harrington hardened rollers
--Harrington hardened extractor
--Best tension old/new stock springs I could find
--Wolf brand 16.5lb recoil spring
--Wolf brand +power magazine springs
--F.A.C. threaded 7.62x25 barrel
--Duracoated the entire gun and internals with Duracoat S.L. (parker gray color)
--Fingerrest extended floorplates on mags (modified from custom Tokarev type)
--Painted SiteGlo dots on rear & front sites (see the C&R folder for pics of that)
--Re-painted safety-off red dot with brighter red nailpolish
--New knurled walnut grips from "Parts4U" guy on G.B.

I've got 150rds of various ammo through it and I'm happy to report it works great with solid accuracy and function.  The F.A.C. barrel has been just fine, though at first I did have to file down the rear trunion block a tiny bit to get it to slide properly, and the rollers are fine of course, being the hardened ones.  New ammo I have used includes Winchester metric, S&B, Prvi, and Wolf, and even some aftermarket "Incendiary" blue-tip ammo from the Ammotogo guy online - all works great.  The Duracoat has held up fine, except for the backs of the magazines due to the hard scraping of the magazine catch when inserting or ejecting.  I have now stripped the backs of the mags of Duracoat and just go with straight oil on them.  I used Hoppes regular gun oil on the entire gun internals, etc since the underlying surface is Duracoat S.L. and it is slick to begin with.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 03:16:02 PM by cz52luvr »

Offline Ole

Re: My CZ52 mods + pic
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Hello, if not a secret how many cost 1) Harrington hardened competition firing pin 2) F.A.C. threaded 7.62x25 barrel 3) Harrington hardened rollers 4) Harrington hardened extractor 5) New knurled walnut grips from "Parts4U" guy on G.B.
Whether easily from you them to buy? Thanks.

Offline cz52luvr

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:19:54 PM »
The Harrington hardened competition pin is $45.00, the rollers are $18.00, the extractor is $45.00, the barrel is no longer available but might be purchased at resale online auction for maybe $100 - $150 ?  The wooden grips were $43.00.

Offline Ole

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »
Has forgotten to ask at once and how you have improved a shop heel?
I am sorry for my English.....

Offline cz52luvr

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 11:16:18 PM »
I improved the "heel" by installing and modifying a new floorplate which was originally intended for a Tokarev TT.  With modification it will fit the CZ52 mag.  It is here: http://www.buymilsurp.com/magazine-base-metal-tt33-pistol-p-3350.html