Author Topic: What is with all these CZ P07 issues?  (Read 17084 times)

Offline ipijohn

Re: What is with all these CZ P07 issues?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 03:54:19 PM »
I won't get started on Kaliforniastan... ;D

Back to the P-07.  LOVE MINE!!!!
I don't leave home without it.  I bought one of the first ones out and still have it.  Got a SS guide rod for it and it is perfect.  It mags stick and do not fall but I took a personal defense class and had to change the mags out while shooting and did not have a problem.   

My P 07 is the same as Donnis.  I qualified for my CPL (CCW) with it easily. I also look at it this way, if they don't drop free... then they will not fall in the dirt or on the concrete pad and cause another issue.

czprime

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 04:26:22 AM »
Ok, just wanted to check. I guess I just kept seeing the negative side being reported.  The wife tried hers out on Turkey day and still loves it.  I guess mine is safe now that she has her own.  Thanks guys for the positive support.

Offline donnis

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »
Went out to the sand box and put another 200 rds through it today.  Shot perfect!  Even did a fast tactical reload while shooting behind a barricade.  No issues.  Shot great and I improved on a few of my moves.  Nothing wrong with this pistol.  I am forever a CZ guy!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »
*sniff*....I am soooo proud!  *sniff*    ;D

Offline marklwil

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »
All,

I guess one could say I am one of the "whiners", but mostly I come here to look for solutions because I want a gun a paid hard money for to work correctly.. not too much to ask.

Let's see on my first Duty

* Sticky Mag's.. actually had to pry the Mags out.

* Grainy trigger.. double action was really bad.. SA was fair but not what I would want or expect. I had 3 different shooting partners shoot the weapon.. not telling them about the trigger, to see if I was being too picky.. one was a gun smith.. all 3 instantly said, without my id'ing the issue .. "send it back" the trigger was un acceptable.

I sent it back, and it was bad enough that CZ, to their credit sent me a new gun.. GREAT service, but the issues were and are real.

The new gun:

The slide will not lock back depending on the type of ammo.. it does not like green box or federal ball ammo. Something I can live with, but still not what I would want or expect from a gun built by CZ. (Note my XDm has NEVER.. not once failed to fire or function with > a thousand of rounds cycled)

On 50 rounds the striker fell on 2 different rounds and did not fire.. took the round out, no strike marks.. put them back in and fired right a away.. huge concern.. I did take it out again last week.. did not have a re-occurrence in about 75 rounds, so I am hoping it was just a rare thing.

Just to note.. before shooting this weapon I CLEANED it top to bottom so, it was not "gunk".

My point here is that while some might call this whining..I and many others come here because we are looking for solutions / suggestions from an "expert".

If all that are to be posted here are kudos and honey.. than that?s fine.. but not what I thought these forums are for.. I am happy for the ones that have a perfect weapon, and what I also would want and expect.. but that had not been the case for many with the Duty. Is it rare.. maybe, Mine is with two different Duty's with very different lot / serial numbers...

Thanks to all who have positively responded to my quires in the past. Greatly appreciated!

Offline ipijohn

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 04:14:04 PM »
CALL CZ USA and talk to them, we can't solve your problems here!!

Offline marklwil

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »
Ha ha... NP.. smart enough to figure that one out.
Belive me.. will not look for your approval nor confuse this forum with CZ USA.. LOL..

Offline donnis

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 05:55:01 PM »
You have a perfect right to ask why your new gun does not function properly.  And you are right, the forum is the place to discuss issues and praises for the P-07.  But the original title of the OP is "What is with all these CZ P07 issues?".  Therefore, my answer to that question is that I do not have any issues with the P-07 and wish to exclaim the praise for the firearm.  Nothing I read was ever intended to direct the complaints to a "group of whiners".  Might have been taken that way maybe.  But absolutely, if the firearm does not function properly, make it right whatever way you have to.  Again, as for me, I was answering the original question.

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »
  I must say that this exchange is EXACTLY why I come to this Forum!  I completely agree that regardless of what you paid for your P-07, SP-01, P-01, Compact, whatever, it should work as designed to every time you expect it to and never when you don't!  As to the complaints offered here I agree with the user who stated "let CZ-USA know".  I come here to learn and vent. But, when at the same time I vent I complain clearly and succinctly to CZ-USA.  The few problems I';ve had with CZs CZ-USA has always made it whole/right.  As to the other manufacturer's QA/QC..look at XD-M Forum  Hey, I own an Ed Brown and a Custom Springfield 1911 that have had warranty issues!!  If man makes it......you know what I mean. 
  My concern is there a quality improvement process using feedback from CZ-USA to improve the process/product at CZ-UB?  That's a hugely important question.  If there is a process when are the appropriate Countermeasures enacted? That's a piece of data that would make me feel warm and fuzzy about CZ. 

Offline donnis

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 06:33:12 PM »
Great points.  And I must say that if I buy something that doesn't work right, I will complain about it.  A firearm does not have an option of "not working" in my opinion.  (I guess aside from user error).  CZ-USA needs to address the issues (and I believe they have been) and then adjust accordingly.  I don't know what they are doing in that realm. 

All in all, I would have to say that CZ is a quality firearm and I agree with an earlier post, There are bad apples with any new item produced.

Offline Smith

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
I did a poll on this very issue and found that actually very few had issues. There are some that say you can't judge by this forum because of numbers but that is exactly how scientific polls are conducted. IN fact this is the BEST place to find problem guns, because the likely hood of a dissatisfied person to come here and vent or to find solutions is the highest.

Enjoy a fantastic firearm and know that if something is wrong, it has probably been addressed and solved right here.

Offline shooterdude

• Shooterdudes Chronicles
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 11:16:01 PM »
Very correct in that this is the best place to learn what the issues are.  The problem is the casual observer who happens by a gun forum while researching a particular model and reads a few bad reviews and concludes that the gun is a complete commercial failure because "everyone" is having issues with it.  In reality its only "everyone" here that is having the issues and that is a statistically insignificant number.
Follow my blog "Shooterdude's Chronicles" at http://www.shooterdude.info

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 12:22:25 AM »
I agree, not many P07s are having issues, and CZ is dealing with them. You do have a right to a functional product, and CZ-USA has done well from all reports in rectifying those problems. All new guns have teething issues, like the Ruger SR9 and LCP famous recalls, but I think the P07 has a bright future ahead of it.

Offline ckP07

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 12:46:19 PM »
I just bought my P07 from Cabelas last night for 419.99 before tax. I have had no magazine issues. My only quarrel is the plastic spring guide, I looked at  guiderod.com but which one should I buy? What from the older pistols are compatible with this one? Also, are there any 20+ magazines coming out for it?
Thank you for any help

Offline DABCZp07

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 07:24:48 PM »
you may want to look around on this forum because there is one person that make them for the P07. I have heard good things about the rods...I heard the work on the rods are above exceptional...I am still using the plastic one in mine and already shot 300 rounds...No wear or issues as of now...

anything