Author Topic: P07 night sight!  (Read 8080 times)

Offline yogev

P07 night sight!
« on: December 04, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »
hi,
just got my new night sight made by meprolight ,costs me 260 NIS (~70$). see pics:

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: P07 night sight!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 03:10:21 PM »
Very nice!

Offline madmax

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »
yeah v. nice yogev - is it possible to order them from meprolite for the p-07 or do you have to send the piece to them so they can install it for you? - also does anyone one know the difference between meprolite, tritium and trijicon night sights?

Offline yogev

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »
the installation is easy and made at 5 minutes by my local gunsmith , so there is no need for send it in over anywhere.
i know both meprolite and trijicon night sights and i don't know for any different. but, there is different between sight made from metal and from  plastic, the metal consider to be better. as it seem for now there is only plastic sights, as the original sights are.

Offline yogev

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
BTW- you get 12 years warranty for it.

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »
Yogev:  I want some for mine!!!  What is the part/model# and from where do I order?  Very nice indeed!!

Offline yogev

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:37:55 PM »
the bag was labeled as "cz duty" model. my local gunsmith order it for me from meprolight.
(maybe www.meprolight.com well help to find contact at USA).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:41:54 PM by yogev »

Offline tr5140

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
Sounds like they are not quite availible yet in the US but sometime this year.

Doug
They are not. We do not hav e them in our 2010 plans as new model sights.

Kerry Kinder
P.M. Meprolight

Hopefully sooner than later otherwise I may just buy a  P01

Offline CX

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
Did you but it online? which site please thanks

hi,
just got my new night sight made by meprolight ,costs me 260 NIS (~70$). see pics:

Offline Dorkfish

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 12:57:45 PM »
Looks nice.  However, I have to wonder why Meprolight decided to put bigger and brighter dots on the rear.  In your picture there's so much variance between the front sight and the inner edges of the rear that you could throw shots left to right quite easily...not exactly a good thing.  Personally, I want my eye to focus on that front sight with minimal effort and the brighter rear draws the eye to it making it slightly more difficult to focus on the front.

I see major accuracy problems with this particular Meprolight package and that scares me.  They truly dropped the ball on this one in my opinion and you can bet they didn't send these out to have them truly field tested.  Someone should have caught this issue and asked Meprolight what they were thinking by having that much open variance between the front and rear as well as bigger brighter dots drawing your eye to the rear/blurring your front sight focus.  It's even obvious in the daylight pictures that there's a major variance problem...becomes even more painfully obvious in the night shots.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:04:54 PM by Dorkfish »

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 11:28:21 PM »
I gotta agree with ya Dorkfish. The TruDots "dots" on my RAMI are all the exact same size. Somehow this doesn't look right.

Otto

Offline hotrod6657

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 11:28:55 PM »
it could be a depth of field issue with the camera.  If you look at the side profile pictures they appear to be the same.  Could be that taking such a close up picture of it makes them seem falsely small.  The one picture makes it look like it's about 6 feet long. 

Or they could actually be like that.  I'm sure the OP can answer that question.

Offline Falcn

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »
it could be a depth of field issue with the camera.  If you look at the side profile pictures they appear to be the same.  Could be that taking such a close up picture of it makes them seem falsely small.  The one picture makes it look like it's about 6 feet long. 

Or they could actually be like that.  I'm sure the OP can answer that question.

I suspect you are correct - Meprolight are not idiots.