Author Topic: South African CZ-75 classics  (Read 2856 times)

limeyinaz

South African CZ-75 classics
« on: November 25, 2002, 11:30:55 AM »
Newbie to forum (20+ years of CZ 75 experience).

Thought I would post a photo of old CZ's recently acquired, enjoy.

Offline SACamp

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 09:44:17 PM »
Hello.  Very nice old short-rail guns.  Very nice.

Best.

Trebor1415

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 12:57:00 PM »
Hi, Glad to see you found your way here from the Fal Files.  So, let's here a range report on those guns. Maybe they wont shoot so straight and you'll sell one (to me) after all :)

Seriously, how'd they do at the range?

Trebor

limeyinaz

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 01:46:40 PM »
Trebor,
Good to see you here. Yes I took them out last weekend after doing a little preliminary work at home. When first received there were some problems with the slide releases and the magazines not getting the slide to stay back when empty.
A couple of Wolf mag springs and swapping take down pins around fixed everything.
I was therefore a little apprehensive as to their functionality, but the concerns were misplaced. Each pistol had 2+ mags put through each with absolutely no problems. I was using Sellior + Berloit 9mm FMJ (of course).
There is a brand new late '70's CZ 75 on Auction Arms right now for $900, supposedly the guy even has the original box.
Hopefully more of these surplus pistols will become available in the future, but I have to consider this to be the luckiest find for me yet. I love these things.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2002, 12:33:04 PM »
Forgive me Father for I have sinned! What sins? I covet those CZ75 of limeyinaz. I will go and sin no more if limeyinaz lets me have one:-) Regards, Richard

CZfiend

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2002, 01:13:49 AM »
This is what could be called a South African classic :)

Offline goalie0002

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2002, 05:35:05 AM »
WOW! Where did you find those? In AZ I hope so maybe I can snag one? I was looking at that NIB one on auctionarms, I almost bought it. I want a short-rail gun BAD!

whitesurfer

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2002, 04:04:57 PM »
I believe this guy tryed selling me this gun 7 months ago or so. I asked him if the slide, barrel and the frame numbers were matching and he said the barrel did
not have numbers on it and I thought this to be a little strange. Maybe they did not all three sections but the other thing that made me think more was that he said that the gun was currently in his friends gunshop in sweden or something like that and that I would have to pay with a wire transfer I said no way credit card only or forget it. I never heard no more and then I see your comment about this gun on the auction. I looked at the pics and I don't no if it is the same. Be carefulllllllllll! Take care.

limeyinaz

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2002, 10:13:54 AM »
To all who have asked where these came from and would I sell one:
The pistols were bought from FAC (Federal Arms Corp, MN) for $130/pistol. They were stated as being rough but functional. I purchesed 3, as I thought I may need 3 to have 2 working specimens, wrong they all work great. Two days after I ordered they had sold out their stock, but have stated that they "MAY" get more in the future.
As to selling one, well I am not a dealer and don't make a living from buying and selling firearms. The price I paid was phenomenal, and I hope FAC will be able to satisfy everyone's desires for an affordable old C Zed. The only way I will part with one is if someone offers me $275 + shipping, sorry I don't need the money that badly (I'd rather keep the pistol). I don't really want to sell any of these, but if you have to have one, and don't mind the mark-up, contact me.
Cheers

cz40va

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 06:56:22 AM »
I don't blame you for not wanting to sell any of them. They look great. Hard to believe they were graded as rough. Enjoy them and have fun.