Author Topic: Hi! New Member. vz. 82 Q  (Read 2544 times)

Offline 8valvegrowl

Hi! New Member. vz. 82 Q
« on: December 14, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »
Hello all,

I picked up a pretty clean vz 82 recently from S.O.G. The gun shows a little holster wear, but is mechanically solid. Fires smoothly and pretty accurately. I noticed upon careful inspection/cleaning that the chamber throat has some discoloration and a tiny bit of pitting. Look slike a lot of rounds have been fired from this barrel.

I didn't try aggressively cleaning it and so far it shoots fine.

I know you can buy 83 barrels in .380, but how about 9x18 barrels? I like the Mak round and if I re-barrel the gun I'd like to stick with Mak. Any sources for these barrels?

Cheers!

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
Re: Hi! New Member. vz. 82 Q
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
First of all 8 valve, Welcome! Thanks for joining us here,

I do not know where to get new barrels for the 82, but I am wondering a couple things.

If it is solid and shoots accurately for you, why go through the trouble of a new barrel?

The barrel is fixed and a bear to replace, are the scratches and pits (maybe from corrosive ammo) to deep to fluff and buff out? may be cheaper and less aggravating than trying to put in a new barrel.

Consider some alternatives first before going through too much trouble and spending too much money on a $200. gun

Just some thoughts...

NVCZ

Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline PTGT_Neon

• Efficient Mileage
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »
I understand it.  .380 is hard to find and mak is more plentiful and cheaper and a wee bit stronger.  I would give CZ-usa a call and ask them if they can rebarrel the gun.  I don't know what the part or service would cost.

After polishing the action on my 82 it has the smoothest trigger of any gun I picked up.  I wouldn't worry about spending too much money on it.  If you can get it to do what you want it to do and its worth the price, then pay it. 

Offline 8valvegrowl

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 11:48:15 AM »
Thanks gentlemen!

I will try polishing it and as I said, it shoots pretty well for a $200 gun. I just wouldn't mind finding a spare barrel for down the road. My guess is that these guns are going to get harder and harder to obtain in the coming years.

I have access to a press and I'm pretty mechanical, so swapping barrels doesn't scare me.

Offline bobthemagicfan

Newbie --- Ammo Question
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »
Just purchased a well used CZ 82 for a great price....Love CZ - already own a P-01.
Will it handle the 380 ACP ammo or do I have to shoot 9X18. I own a fair amount of 9 and 380 and would rather not add a fair amount of 9X18 Mak ---but want to get the best out of the 82.
Thanks
bobthemagicfan
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:58:52 PM by bobthemagicfan »

Offline tf34mech

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 05:32:58 AM »
9x18 Makarov only please the Makarov is a larger diameter than the .380 or 9mm Luger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_mm_caliber

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 11:24:48 PM »
^^^^^^^  !!!!! Yes !!!!! ^^^^^^

The 82 IS 9mmMAK only. Don't try to feed it 9mm (9x18)  Police either.

You are probably thinking of the CZ 83 which did also come in 3 different calibers, one being the .380, others being 9mm Mak and .32

NVCZ
Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.