Author Topic: Where are CZ shotguns made????  (Read 19499 times)

Offline mp517prct

Where are CZ shotguns made????
« on: December 24, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »
I'm addicted to Czech weapons (vz.98/22, vz.23, 4 vz.24s, vz.98N, vz.33, vz.58V, 2 vz.52s, 2 vz.82s, CZ-75 P-01) and looked at a Canvasback shotgun for my wife (she want to try sporting clays) and was dissapointed to find hidden underneath the handguard the stamp "Made in Turkey"  I'm well aware that many companies have shotguns made in Turkey, it's just that I would prefer to see my money go to a country that is friendly to us.  Not to get too political, but I just don't feel like the Turks are as reliable as the Czechs. 

My two questions are...

Is the whole shotgun made in Turkey, or is just the barrel made in Turkey. 

Are all CZ shotguns, and/or barrels made there or are some made in the Czech Republic?
I Swear On My Life And My Love Of It, That I Will Never Live For The Sake Of Another Man, Nor Ask Another Man To Live For Mine. - John Galt

Offline shooterdude

• Shooterdudes Chronicles
Re: Where are CZ shotguns made????
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 06:54:48 PM »
The whole thing is made in Turkey and branded CZ. 
Follow my blog "Shooterdude's Chronicles" at http://www.shooterdude.info

Offline 2fewdaysafield

Re: Where are CZ shotguns made????
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 08:20:44 PM »
The CZ-USA shotguns are made by the Huglu cooperative in Turkey. Fine guns. And I hate to be political on Christmas Eve, but I've been around long enough to remember that in the last 50 years Turkey has spent much more time on our "ally" list than Czech Republic. Turkey has been a good friend to the U.S. for a long time.

If you have your heart set on a Czech made shotgun for your wife, czech out the BRNO shotguns on CZ-USA's website.