Author Topic: Laser Sight for the Rami!!  (Read 6893 times)

Offline jec337j

Laser Sight for the Rami!!
« on: January 02, 2010, 03:12:27 PM »
Okay, some time ago I started a thread regarding laser sights for the Rami.  After contacting the manufacturers of sights, it became apparent they were not interested in tooling up for a "limited audience" as they told me.  However, LaserLyte came out with the replacement sight for the Glocks.  I contacted a tool maker in Kansas City and he has made an adapter for the Rami. It is made of high strength tool steel and there really are no parts to break.  It works very well and if you go to the LaserLyte site, you can see them pounding nails with a pistol equiped with the sight to show the durability.  I have put a little over 700 rounds through mine and it stays right on target.  The tool maker is contacting LaserLyte to see what kind of quantity price he can get on the sights.  They have been closed for the holidays.  Depending on the interest and number of orders he receives, he can produce the adapter for $43.00 shipped in US.  Regarding the cost of the LaserLyte sight, he should have some data on that this next week.

I have attached some photos of the sight on my pistol.  Provide me with your email address and I can send others.  BTW, it works fine in my holsters and I do not notice it at all when carrying either IWB or OWB.

So, if you are wanting a laser on your Rami, let me know.
Jim
Colorado Springs, CO
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:45:42 PM by wlchase »

Offline Otto N Sure

Re: Lser Sight for the Rami!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »
Really interesting! My hope for a laser for the RAMI was a laser replacement for the guide rod, but this is an alternative I had not thought of. I would not have thought that a laser located on the slide would keep its zero considering the shock of recoil.

Do you think it would work on the .40 S&W slide? 

Otto

Offline jec337j

Re: Lser Sight for the Rami!!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »
This guy tells me he can make an adapter for about any pistol out there-just a matter of getting the dimensions.  He has made custom parts for me for everything from model airplanes, guns and a few backhoe parts!  If you give me the details, I can ask him.  He pretty much won't touch a computer for contact but I am trying to remedy that!

I was a bit concerned about staying on target with the recoil but wanted a laser sight system really badly so thought I would try it.  So far, it has not disappointed me.  Just for grins, he is making me an adapter for my Taurus 1911 to see how it handles 45s.

Offline gilfo

Re: Laser Sight for the Rami!!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 07:59:15 PM »
I am interested for sure. Please keep us updatged on further developments.
Thanks

Offline Bldg365

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
Count me in. 

My eyes have gotten so bad as I age that I basicly point shoot my RAMI.  In order to use the sights, I have to roll my head backwards until I find just the right spot in my bifocals so the sights are in focus. Okay on the range, but not very practical for real world self defense.

Offline cz2075bd

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »
Put me down for one for sure! Very anxious to try it out!

PM me if you want me "real" name and contact info, or if you need to broker any payments.

Thanks for your efforts on this, a laser site for the rami has been a long time coming.

p.s. can your metalworks guy manufacture some RAMI grip screws? :)

Offline gilfo

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 07:46:26 AM »
Please post a price for the package when you can, I am very interested.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:27:52 AM »
That is very freaking cool! I like to see these kind of things. Thank you fo rsharing!

RCG
“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Its that you shoot!

ClarkstonCZ

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 05:27:41 AM »
You have to kind of bump the sight to turn the laser on, but until laser grips are offered this might be the only deal in town.

Offline jec337j

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 10:24:59 AM »
I have the CT laser grips on my compact 75 and a Ruger SP 01 and love the simplicity of simply "gripping" the handle to activate the laser.  However, after much practice firing the Rami with this sight, it is becoming a smooth motion to activate the switch with my right thumb as I am bringing the weapon out of the holster.  It has surprised me at how easy it is to do and I carry mine "deep" in the waistband.

Here is a question I am sure some of the people on this forum can answer.  Will he need a FFL to ship this part?  At the present, he is shying away from providing a package that includes the laser but just simply supplying the adapter.  He also is cheking on the dimensions of earlier sights as the one for mine replaes the night sights.  He is hoping for some assistance from CZ with specs of all their rear sights.

Offline Artist

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 10:31:19 AM »
No FFL required to ship a laser sight!!!
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, strong enough for a man, but she likes it too!

Offline dbfarr

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 02:03:37 AM »

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »
Anyone with the Rami poly version that does this I would be very interested in buying your old adjustacle rear sight from you. If you want to do it and you offer a decent price PM me I want one.

RCG
“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Its that you shoot!

Offline cz2075bd

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 01:38:49 PM »
any news on this?

Offline Maccandy

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 03:26:20 PM »
I just got my RAMI and want a laser and this looks great. Tell me more. How do I get one and how much would it be? Thanks, new guy
***** You can't fix stupid. *****