Author Topic: Trying something new...  (Read 2278 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Trying something new...
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:10:48 PM »
I finally had an opportunity to try the CZ 22lr Kadet Kit adapter! No, not the NIB one we gave away for Christmas, this is a used copy, and I was skeptical. Note the word - WAS.

Only have two types of ammo, some REALLY old Federal loss leader 36 grain HP, and some Aguila Super Extra 38gr HP I got from MidwayUSA last year. Well, we'll see. The Federal ammo gave several misfires, all with well struck primers, not the Kits' fault. The Kadet Kit functioned perfectly, no issues whatsoever.
Nice fit on the PCR. Note full size 10 round mag protruding slightly.

Set up at the range, cussed myself for forgetting camera again, and loaded up at 10 yards. First shot I thought was primer fire only! No, that little pop is supposed to sound like that with low to no recoil. I had forgotten...
 :D
OK, lets see what it will do just slinging them down range.

Ok, not bad, but what if I slow down and concentrate a bit, maybe adjust the easily adjusted rear sight?

Wow. Well, OK, but that's only 10 yards, so let's widen it out to 25 yards, good range for a pistol, right? By the way, the persistant misfire issue with the cheapie Federals gave me three duds in this one string of 10 - that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

So, how about when using the no dud Aguila ammo?

Not bad at all - all 25 yards strings were fired two hand kneeling supported, all 10 yard groups fired two hand standing. Also note, i am not a great shot. :)

Ending summary - if you don't have a Kadet Kit, you need one.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:08:15 PM by armoredman »

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
Re: Trying something new...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 01:04:47 PM »
Great review and thanks for the pics!

BTW, those are some sexy grips on that PCR!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 10:01:43 PM »
Hakans.  8) ;D

Offline BigK

• Silence is golden...duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 12:43:11 PM »
I wanted to get an SP-01 next, but sounds like I'd have more fun with a Kadet Kit for my P-01. If I get one I'll have to do a Kadet vs Ruger Mark II showdown.
The U.S. Constitution: frustrating liberals since 1789.

Offline E.Shell

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:53:09 PM »
Good shooting sir!

I finally got my new Kadet Kit out this past Saturday. I shot two magazines each of the following ammo:

CCI Mini-Mag HPs (plated)
CCI Mini-Mag Solids (plated)
CCI Standard Velocity Solids (plain lead)
Remington Sub-Sonics (plain lead)

Everything shots fine and I had no feeding or ejection issues. Slide locked back on the empty magazine using the slide stop supplied with the Kadet Kit.

Overall; very pleasant to shoot and seemed to be quite accurate, although I was shooting at misc. targets on a berm ( short 2 x 4 blocks and empty plastic soft drink bottles) and not shooting groups on paper.

The frame belongs to my SP-01 Tactical 40 S&W, and like Armoredman mentions above, the .22 rimfire felt like dry firing after going through a few mags of .40 180 JHPs and switching over.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.