Author Topic: New CZ 75D Compact owner and new member.  (Read 4217 times)

Offline blaufisch

New CZ 75D Compact owner and new member.
« on: January 22, 2010, 08:21:42 PM »
Hi, I am Matt from Houston (I know, there was a show w/ that name).  I just bought the CZ 75D Compact yesterday and took it out to the range and put 150 rounds through it and all I can say is WOW!   :o This gun rocks!  I shot better than I ever have w/ any other pistol I have own:

Walther P99 40 S&W
Bersa Thunder 380
Sig Mosquito 22LR (never under any circumstance buy this gun)
Beretta 92F 9mm (sold to my Dad)

My Dad went w/ me and brought the 92F and all I can say is it got its butt kicked by CZ 75D Compact.  My shot groups were really tight, I was very impressed.  The recoile was a lot less than the 92F and hence the recovery time was too.  Even my Dad who is not a gun nut like me was impressed by the CZ.  
I have come back to 9mm club after many years shooting 40s (hey, I live in Texas what can I do?).  9mm has been much malinged but I no long buy the hype.  I did a lot of research before buying this gun and I firmly beleive I made that best choice (might have bought a Sig but still angry about the Mosquito situation).
Look forward to hearing any feedback.
-Matt
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:24:32 AM by blaufisch »

Offline CZ75BRocks

Re: New CZ 75D Compact owner and new member.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »
blaufisch: CZs are excellent guns especially for the money. I had the same experience with SIG's POS (read = Mosquitos).  I spent all day shooting a SIG P226 Blackwater Tactical. I fired 1000rds through it, no cleaning during the shooting, mixed ammo 115gr - 147g, JHP-FMJ. No FTEs or FTFs!!  The web of my hand is raw!! This gun has the SRT (Short Reset Trigger), 20rd capacity. Nice.  So don't let the Mosquito put you off. 
  With all that said the P226 cost my company ~$1200.00!!!  I guess if you take a SP-01 and get a trigger job done it might feel as smooth, but, I don't think the SIG is $500.00 smoother.  I do like the SIG Nitron finnish better than the Poly on the CZ.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:00:47 PM »
I pay $1200 for a handgun it had better do laundry, too!  ;D Only SiG I ever really liked was a beat up old P220 we had on the rental range, good gun.
That PCR is a great choice, great sidearm!

Offline CZ75BRocks

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »
I agree!  But, hey, when the company buys it and feeds it all you can feed it, what do you do? We allowed to carry whatever we want with some stipulations.  They bought these as a trial (it's a corporate thing I guess). I'm going to range again tomorrow to burn up another 1000. Somehow some of that ammo probably will accidentally run through my SP-01......accidentally of course. That SIG DA is little hard to adapt to. That SIG tighter, tighter, tighter,BANG take up.  I like the CZ better.  I also believe that the web of my hand is blistered due to the SIG's bore axis sitting higher than the CZ's.

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum and the 75D Compact.  Mine has been flawless with close to 500 rds down range.  Gun is deadly accurate.  Rapid fire at 15 yards was as good as I could get out of my 85 Combat and the 85 C is very nice.  I a cerainly not surprised you found your gun accurate and reliable.

All the best

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 11:33:28 PM »
Can I come work with you? I get 56 rounds a year from my outfit, and they insist I fire all of them through a Glock 19...bleccch.

Offline NVCZ

• I poke Badgers with sporks...
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:45:03 AM »
blaufisch, welcome!

Congratulations about your PCR (it is the PCR, correct?), and they are great guns to shoot. I got mmine recently, and have only put about 60 rounds through it in a test fire, and I love mine. As soon as the weather breaks up here in Nevada and some time off, I have a few boxes of ammo to run through her.

Well keep us posted and add some pics, we love pics here! In fact I have some new pics i'll have to post at the pics thread.... hmmmmm...

NVCZ
Battle Born

Party Like It's 1773

www.soviet-steel.com
Com Bloc pistols, rifles AND tanks. Americans showing how we shoot their stuff.

Offline blaufisch

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 02:17:59 AM »
It is a PCR (say so on the box).  This is link to the gun

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-d-pcr-compact/

I went back and forth on getting that or the 75 compact but after reading about the PCR I opted for it instead.  The biggest motivating factor was that on the compacts safety will on engage while the hammer is back which I am not sure I like that.  I am getting CHL next month and plan on using this as my CC gun except during the summer when I will carry a .380.

Hey, I have heard some critisism about the mags that come w/ it.  I want to get a 3rd mag, should I go stock or go w/ another brand?  Any advice?

Will post pics.   ;D

thanks,

Matt
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:55:23 PM by blaufisch »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 12:44:39 PM »
I always reccomend either CZ factory or MecGar. Avoid ProMag and USA Mag like the plague.

Offline blaufisch

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »
Put another 200 rounds down range today and not a single glitch, that is 350 and counting.  Fired at the 10 yard targets and had some really good groupings.  Getting ready for the CCL next month so I am trying to hit the range as often as possible.

I love this gun.  Couldn't be happier w/ my choice.  I love it when I research something and it is validated by the purchase.  Can't say that for every gun I bought.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:54:20 PM by blaufisch »

Offline nearfall

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »
welcome to the club. Careful, CZs are addictive - you'll be pining for another in no time!

I second what armoredman said about mags - get either factory or Mecgar. I prefer Mecgar - less money but same quality. Never had a problem with mecgar mags.

Offline Onegoodshot

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 08:36:52 PM »
I have PCR, and PO-1. I also have 226 and 229 in .40S&W.
The 226 is a ltd 1 0f 1000 Sig. I also sent it to Sig for Action, SRT, Short trigger and .357 barrel.  The 229 is a Gen 2 w/ full de-horn, SRT, and short trigger. My Sigs are reliable, accurate,
and excellent pistols.
  Neither of my CZ's has EVER had a problem! They are also accurate, reliable and excellent pistols. NOTE:  I like the PCR best of all.  Trigger, hammer, action job, from Ghost, and NP3 special from Robar guns, and thin Alum grips from Ghost.
Its a 'shooter'. Alot less $ than Sigs.

Offline blaufisch

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »
Any holster recommendations for the PCR?  Want to get a IWB and OWB.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »
Hazel Leather. I use on of his OWB crossdraw for weak hand BUG, great work.

My wife uses one of his IWB rigs. Here it is with my PCR in it. :)

Also, the High Noon Skin Guard is a good OWB rig if you need something cheaper right now. I have one for the P07.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:12:59 PM by armoredman »

Offline blaufisch

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 10:06:36 PM »
Thanks for the tips and pics.

Your recommendations seem to be the consensus choice.  I ordered a IWB High Noon Bare Asset for my Bersa Thunder .380 and think I am going to order the IWB for my PCR.

Thanks again,

Matt

anything